This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
    I worked with an idiot who decided to start using his mother's maiden name after his parents divorced. Half his ID was in his original surname and the other half in his "new" surname. He didn't change his name by deed poll because he had a "piece of paper" from another state that all them to match his different names up. His grand plan came unstuck when he submitted all his ID for a criminal history check to do work for the Police. The ID's didn't match and the Police refused to give him clearance. I heard him shouting down the phone at the criminal history people to get the special piece of paper from the other state. He didn't last much longer in that job.
    What an idiot.

Down here, if you ARE submitting records for a police check, you need to submit your change of name papers to state that yes, you changed your name.
    Personally my partner and I are probably not going to do the name change thing once we get married (if we get married)...partially because I'm used to the kids calling me "Miss <mylastname>"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Down here, if you ARE submitting records for a police check, you need to submit your change of name papers to state that yes, you changed your name.
      He never officially changed his name and the "piece of paper" was probably a record of him using an alias. He claimed that it was too hard to do a proper name change. I will post more about this coworker in another thread as he quite an idiot.

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
        He never officially changed his name and the "piece of paper" was probably a record of him using an alias. He claimed that it was too hard to do a proper name change. I will post more about this coworker in another thread as he quite an idiot.
        What an idiot.

and please do It's interesting to know what happens in the Top End
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          SC: Excuse me! I am playing here and that makes all of you my SLAVES!!!
          DIE SCREAMING, MOTHERFUCKER!

If I heard anyone using that kind of language-- whichever side of the counter I was on-- that guy would be getting an earful.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X