Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid I specialize in this at the pick'n'mix-it says 99p a cup.I'm getting my cup's worth.No extra wrappers-they cost more.In goes the sweeties-push them down firmly and add more.Jam in small sweeties down side till edges push out.At the end,stuff is bulging out,piled up,having to hold the cap down to stop it all cascading off. As soon as it's paid for,it goes in the bag and normally gives way....I swear I can get about two cupfuls into one
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      Have you shopped over at minimus.biz? They have all sorts of tiny condiments - it can be a great way to see if you like a particular brand, or of tiny travel toiletries. And you can get some interesting stuff in their sale stuff.
      I'd never even heard of that site. Off to check it out now
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I'd never even heard of that site. Off to check it out now
        I get stuff off minimus for travel, or stuff I want to try. They also have a 'care package' sort of service that I have not yet tried.

They have the nicest cloth face and hand towels in lemon that is not gunked up with lotions or aloe, the kind that you heat or chill in a sushi bar or Benihana grill sort of place. If I were rich, I would buy the damned things by the case! I also got a mini truffled olive oil [like an ounce or so] that was excellent for adding to mashed potatoes.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Used to have that problem back when the supermarket had a salad bar. What we used to do if someone came to the checkout with an emptied salad pot was call a supervisor, who'd then go over to the bar, stuff a plastic pot full of the heaviest item (the dry boiled potatoes), weigh it, get the sticker and then come back. XD

Cuz of customer whinging, the salad bar was eventually changed to per pot. This resulted in a lot of theft, so the salad bar was eventually canned. Well done, SCs, you ruined it for everyone else.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            This resulted in a lot of theft, so the salad bar was eventually canned. Well done, SCs, you ruined it for everyone else.
            That is so typical! We can't have nice things because idiots have to ruin it for everyone.

There are a couple of grocery stores here with really nice salad bars (none close to me, naturally). I sure hope they don't get shut down due to stupid people.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

None of the locations of "my" store that I've been in have salad bars. Some have self-serve olive bars (which we used to have; I'm not sure if it was taken out because of space or idiots, but I'm guessing the latter).

We have a few signs in Produce citing that sampling/grazing is a violation of state law/health codes, but the problem is enforcement. Besides me, Produce Manager is the only one who cares about it, but we won't ban anyone no matter what they do.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                That is so typical! We can't have nice things because idiots have to ruin it for everyone.

There are a couple of grocery stores here with really nice salad bars (none close to me, naturally). I sure hope they don't get shut down due to stupid people.
                I was really upset when the salad bar closed, cuz it was nice to go get a bowl of salad to have for lunch. And guess what, a lot of customers whined to Customer Services about the loss of the salad bar after it closed. Who wants to bet that those customers were the same selfish SCs who were the cause of it closing in the first place?
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                  One of my fellow students single-handedly caused the cafeteria to change from "by the plate or bowl" to "by the pound". Bowls were cheaper than plates. He'd carefully build a tower of salad, putting heavy stuff like tomatoes in the bottom, filling the spaces between with sunflower seeds & dressing. He'd layer other salad ingredients up to the rim then tuck cucumber slices along the rim to create a new, higher rim, keep adding layers etc. He became famous, people would time their lunch to watch him build another masterpiece. After purchase, it would dump out onto more than one plate. Finally the cafeteria manager bought scales for each register and put an end to his architectural career.
                  Like these folks?

http://kotaku.com/how-chinese-ingenu...-834835079/all
                  The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

it's nice to know that the US isn't the only place that has @$$holes...
                    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Working...
                    X