This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was most likely an error, NOT a scam

From time to time, I amuse myself by reading the comments aka whines on my store's FB page. When we have sales, we markdown the tags by hand. Its the way its always been done. As we are always in a huge rush to do this, many times, you can't read the handwriting to know how much it is.

so someone posted today how they bought something, wore it, and as they were chucking the ticket, realized it had been marked UP (or so they said), not down. and then whined a bit. Someone else commented "wow, what a scam"

Here's the thing; no matter what the ticket is marked at, even if its marked wrong, when you ring it up, if its priced lower, that' what comes up, NOT what's on the ticket. So I'm betting a couple things happened. either the associate forgot to take the additional % off, or the customer was confused and thought the UP TO x % sign meant "x % off the markdown price"

So the store's response was to please send us all the info from your receipt, etc so we can look into it - which makes perfect sense. So no, not a scam, and i wish i could find out the outcome, since whenever its the customer's fault, they never come back and update.

Sometimes cashiers make honest mistakes.

If you have your receipt you can go to Customer Service and ask about it.

If you get pissy and throw it away, quit yer bitchin'
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      Sometimes cashiers make honest mistakes.

If you have your receipt you can go to Customer Service and ask about it.

If you get pissy and throw it away, quit yer bitchin'
      Exactly, except the way we do things, even if the ticket is marked incorrectly, what matters is what she actually PAID for it. and since the prices are IN the system, it more than likely rang up correctly, so the price marked on the ticket wasn't even really relevant. To ring it up at the price marked, rather than the correct one in the system, the cashier would have to manually change it. So unless that happened, which is highly unlikely, she needs to shut her piehole.

Comment

Working...
      X