Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would dress up to leave the hotel room to go somewhere. However, in my condo complex, I'd wear sweats to throw out the garbage, and would love to do so while shopping at the convenience store (except that it's not in the same building as my condo unit, even though it's in the same complex).
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Usually I will dress for the day and then go down for breakfast, but if I wake up too late I'll throw a sweatshirt on over the PJ top and put socks and shoes on at least. I don't really care what other people think of me while I'm on vacation lol.
      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Sometimes people come down to in breakfast in their pajamas to grab something and eat it in their room. Chain hotels with breakfasts usually allow this.

I'm always dressed for breakfast because:

A). my PJs are lucky rocketship underpants and nothing else, and
        B). the next thing I do after breakfast is leave the hotel to do whatever it is I'm doing that day.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          I'm surprised to see that it's not considered all that weird.

I've never been to a continental breakfast at a hotel and seen people in their PJs. Certainly not in a hotel restaurant, either. Everyone has been dressed appropriately.

I wouldn't even consider it; I don't know those people and would not appear in public in my PJs. Heck, I won't even get the mail in my PJs.

Guess I'm just old fashioned
          I haven't stayed in a hotel/motel for quite a long time now (haven't been able to afford to go anywhere, LOL) but I don't recall ever seeing anybody come down in their PJs either, nor have I ever done so. However, as long as people are reasonably well covered, that's fine by me ... though I'd make an exception for Irving and his lucky rocketship underpants.

Quoth patiokitty View Post
          Because I tend to sleep in the buff I would definitely get dressed for breakfast...otherwise I'd scare people, I'm sure. *snip*
          Or you might get some interesting invitations for future breakfasts.

Comment

I always get dressed. The only way I'd leave the room in my jammie is if the fire alarm was sounding.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I'll put my 2 cents in, just as long as you're not naked or in your undies it's fine. Maybe in upper class hotel or resort like the Ritz or four seasons they'll give you weird looks but trust me, they're just glad you're wearing clothes. Actually ive never seen anyone go around nude but I'm sure it's happened SOMEWHERE.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                Actually ive never seen anyone go around nude but I'm sure it's happened SOMEWHERE.
                At the motel I worked at, there was a guy who stayed with us for a week who would always walk around wearing a towel. He was on the second floor. We had exterior entrances with a second-floor balcony, so when you looked up from the first floor, you clearly saw he was wearing only a towel and nothing else.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I get the odd guest in jammies clutching their cigarettes while they ask for coffee and I'd rather deal with them than the "decked out to the nines" people who bathe in cologne or perfume at 7 am.

Nasty offending crap like that gives me a headache and makes my eyes water.

Why do people do that?
                  The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

I'll admit to having been shocked at this phenomenon in recent years. Then again, I'm pretty anti- 'PJ's in public'.

One I was at a couple years ago had a woman with her kids - the kids were dressed and she was in pj's with bunny slippers and rag curlers. It just stuck out because everyone else in the breakfast area was dressed.

I guess it's getting more and more common - I mean, shit, look at the people who wear full-on pj's nowadays shopping at grocery stores and various retail establishments!
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Canadian In Maine View Post
                      I get the odd guest in jammies clutching their cigarettes while they ask for coffee and I'd rather deal with them than the "decked out to the nines" people who bathe in cologne or perfume at 7 am.

Nasty offending crap like that gives me a headache and makes my eyes water.

Why do people do that?
                      I think at some point people get used to the scent of their cologne or aftershave or whatever and they figure if they can no longer smell it, neither can anyone else, so they keep pouring it on until they can smell it ... by which point bugs, birds and small animals within 20 feet of them are dropping dead from the olfactory overload.

I haven't worn perfume in years and a while ago I decided to put just a drop on. I did so and nearly choked. I was so certain I had just become one of "those" people that if I'd had time, I'd have rushed off to take another shower. I was still convinced I was wearing way too much of the stuff even after the people I was out with said they couldn't smell a thing, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X