This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost My Cool...Twice

Well, you know. It happens sometimes. Of course it happened like two days in a row.

Woman comes up and puts down a food slip for food she ordered. She puts her coffee down by the edge of the counter toward her. I reach for the food slip and she pulls the classic:

SC: Nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuh no no no nuh nuh nuh no no no!!! I already paid for that!!!
    Me: *snap* Well then WHAT do you WANT!?
    SC: Um...the... coffee.

The second was a guy who had another food slip. He goes to hand it to me but at the last minute he pulls it away.

SC: Getting a bit grabby aren't we?
    Me: Sure. Grabby...
    SC: *slaps food slip down on the counter*
    Me: *picks it up and scans it*

Then he takes out his store card which he holds like he's going to hand it to me so I can scan it. When I reach for it he snaps that away from me too. And let me tell ya, it really doesn't take much these days.

Me: Are you going HAND THAT TO ME or are you going to PUT IT DOWN ON THE COUNTER?!
    SC: Neither. *holds it up with the barcode facing me*
    Me: You know you can just do that yourself. *points to card machine*
    SC: Oh. You were just so grabby I thought--
    Me: I like things HANDED TO ME.
    SC: What's my total?
    Me: 7.11
    SC: Oh, I used to work there!
    Me: Is that so.

When his receipt printed I went to hand it to him. And then when he reached for it I snatched it back and gave him the shittiest little grin I own. Then I promptly turned to my CW and stated, "If I ever turn out like that guy I want you to shoot me in the face."

I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me but he kept watching me the whole time he was in the store.

Oh dear God...I can totally feel for you on both stories, but especially the first!

Anyone who does the "Nuh uh uh uh no no no!" thing is obnoxious enough, to add more to that, the fact that she wasn't even clear from the get-go...
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

XD love hearing those story. sometime us worker just have to let out some steam and tonight and tmrow im sure there be a few more of employ just blowing up on these shoppers who decide to shop on the big holiday and tmrow during the blackeye friday.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
        Well, you know. It happens sometimes.
        Yes, it does. I raised my voice when I was dealing with the Bitch Queen.
        Quoth Gaki View Post
        SC: Getting a bit grabby aren't we?
        "No, grabby is when I wrap my hands around your throat."

Seriously, how the hell else does he expect you to handle the slip? Telekinesis?!

Some SCs get their damned jollies by deliberately pushing our buttons. These morons certainly did. Since we're not allowed to or or these jackasses, it's only natural to raise your voice and talk to them like you're scolding a misbehaving toddler.
        Last edited by XCashier; 11-28-2013, 08:58 PM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

God Gaki, I'd apparently totally repressed the fact that there were custys that would pull that 'hold on to it tight when you go to take it' bullshit. I got to where I'd immediately turn and do something else, which of course was always followed with a "Wassa matta? No sense a humor?" Yeah I do, and in fact, I laughed uproariously at that joke when it was appropriate for our age levels... 45 years ago.
          Had one guy ask if I was gonna finish ringing him up (I usually just had my co-worker finish the trans.) and I told him I'd tried, but he wouldn't give me the money. He actually looked confused that the joke had failed.

Comment

Working in a grocery store on the day before Thanksgiving is Pure Hell, yesterday being no exception. Rather than deal with childish games & jokes yesterday, I found that silence speaks volumes. Dumb joke? I keep scanning. Shitty comment? Keep scanning. Having raised a child, I found that when my son acted up, he wanted attention. If he didn't get it, he would knock it off. It worked for me twice yesterday.
            Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
              Then he takes out his store card which he holds like he's going to hand it to me so I can scan it. When I reach for it he snaps that away from me too.
              Grrrr.......Asshat!
              "Well then sir, your total is $xx.xx. Too bad you didn't give me your discount card, it would have been $x.xx. What's that? oh, nuh nuh no no, it's too late now, I already put the transaction through. What? Oh, sure I'll give you a refund and am not sorry to hear you'll never shop here again. Buh-Bye. Have a horrid day."
              LOL

Comment

If they pull back their discount card, they obviously don't want you to use it, so they don't have a reason to whine about why they have to pay full price on something!

Comment

Some folks are seriously trying to get bitten in the face. That second guy? Complete douche, and for no discernible benefit either. If that sort of behavior is supposed to count for a joke, then they don't understand humor, and should be re-educated with a light tap from a clue-by-four.

Comment

Too bad ya' can't just pimp-slap these jackasses.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                      If they pull back their discount card, they obviously don't want you to use it, so they don't have a reason to whine about why they have to pay full price on something!
                      They're customers. They will ALWAYS think they have a right to whine at you about something. Bad economy? Broken-down car? Their debit card has a ZERO balance? Oh, it's all YOUR fault and they won't stop resenting you for it the entire time you try to help them.

Comment

Working...
                      X