This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaginary complaint

This I don't get. A woman rang up to complain that she'd come into the petrol station and asked for help to use the air pump, and every single person working there refused to help her. She demanded a manager call her back, or else she's taking it to the press. Only problem with that is... her complaint doesn't exist. You see, I was working on the day in question and so was my manager, and neither of us can even remember her. O_o Either the customer is mixing us up with another petrol station, is making shit up to get free stuff, or is in the throes of advanced madness. So basically, we're ignoring it. I doubt the local paper will be interested in the insane babblings of a woman convinced that an event happened when it didn't.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

No, no, she WAS there. But YOU didn't go out to the air pump to help her despite her never coming inside, so how DARE you refuse to help with her telepathic commands!

Customer be crazy.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

She sounds senile. Or she might be mixing u guys up with someone else.

Comment

This is the kind of person that reporters tell, "Yes, ma'am, that's very interesting. We'll let you know if we decide to do a story on it." Then they "lose" her phone number.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get the feeling that when the guy manning the metro desk looks at the caller ID and sees HER number come up, he can only think, "Her again? Why me!" while reaching for that bottle of scotch squirreled away in the bottom drawer.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Well sure... every single person that she encountered working there -- which equals ZERO workers -- refused to help her. Zero is a number, and, to her, that's somehow enough.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

OR the 'refusal' came in the form of "Certainly, ma'am. Just let me finish ringing up this customer, then I'll be out."
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                This is the kind of person that reporters tell, "Yes, ma'am, that's very interesting. We'll let you know if we decide to do a story on it." Then they "lose" her phone number.
                Then after she's safely out the door, they tell all their coworkers about the loony who just came in and everybody has a good laugh.

Seriously, no paper worth anything will even consider that to be newsworthy. You don't like the help (or non-help) you got at a specific business? Don't go back.

Comment

Nah, she asked the nearest customers to help her, and then wouldn't believe them when they said they didn't work there.

Comment

Lol, could be any of those. xD Anyway, we've heard nothing back... so far.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Zero is a number, and, to her, that's somehow enough.
                      Well if you want to get technical, zero actually isn't a number, it's a "place holder".

At least that's what my chem teachers and professor taught me.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Update: Nothing, nada, zero. XD Well, cept that one of my co-workers has a mate who works on the local paper and apparently this woman did try and sell her story. But no-one was interested; her "story" ended up being filed straight into the bin, and everyone in the office had a good laugh.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Why isn't that a surprise?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Why sucky customers think that their story is news worthy... I do not get.

Comment

Probably the same reason they call (or threaten to call) the police--some seem to think the media will gladly act as their personal bullies.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X