This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
    Of course, this could be urban legend, but if BMW can do it why not Rolls?
    It is an urban legend.

Rolls Royce branded cars have been produced by BMW since 2003..
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
      It's my understanding that Rolls Royces are very cheap to maintain, as they don't break down.
      Yugos don't break down either. Of course, by definition, "breaking down" is the transition from running condition to non-running condition. If a car is never in running condition, then it can't break down.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I suppose my recently acquired Subaru Baja could be considered a high risk theft vehicle simply because they are so rare and hard to find and are a bit of a novelty. (The last production year was 2006 before they were sadly discontinued)

Makes me really thankful I live on a safe street with a driveway directly outside my bedroom window.
        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          Like my ex-neighbor's Rolls Royce. Couldn't run (engine was totally shot) but it looked great otherwise. He just parked it in his driveway to impress his neighbors and friends...
          That means it was a Rolls Canardly.

Rolls down hills, can 'ardly get up them.

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
            Makes me really thankful I live on a safe street with a driveway directly outside my bedroom window.
            Don't wanna scare you - but that doesn't always stop them.

I've had a number of (legitimate) claims where the offenders have gained entry, rolled the vehicle down the road and then started them up. Including a turbo'd, lowered, massive exhaust Subaru Impressa (serious, this thing could wake the dead at 1000 miles)
            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

You'd be surprised how many people's cars I've made off with, despite the fact they were at a street/parking lot facing window the whole time.

All it takes is one interesting football game/movie on TV, and a whole room full of people won't notice the F-450 just outside.... assuming I don't do something stupid like turn on the rotators.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

My sister in law lives in Valpo Indiana. In a nice residential community on a cul de sac. They live in the basement, her dad lives on the main floor along with her brother.

at 10 am they walked up to every single car on the block, stole anything that was not nailed down. Hit 20+ cars in half an hour. Stealing change, radios, anything left inside that could be of value. Broke windows etc. A whole block with almost nothing but elderly and stay at home moms and not one saw a damn thing.

When she went out to her car at noon to take her daughter to afternoon kindgarten is when she discovered the theft. 3 vehicles, all of them lost their radios and some other stuff. Money, lottery tickets etc.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Could even have been the "theft" was less than unexpected.
                  Sounds like a variation on the paper car scam in the '70's. Long before a crackdown, needless to say. The car (or what was one once) would get registered and insured (not mandatory at that time). Needless to say, these cars were stolen soon after. The scam dropped when insurance agents started to inspect the cars prior to writing the policies and area auto salvage operations started recording their acquisitions (available to the local police of course).
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                    Yup. There are a few vehicles that are high theft regardless of their condition. Mostly the ones that either go fast or look like they go fast, but are older.
                    One time, working the towing impound lot, I had to explain to a would-be customer that we hadn't towed his vehicle, and perhaps he should call the police to report it stolen.

"No Way!" He screamed."It's IMPOSSIBLE my car could have been stolen! It's a brand new Honda Civic!"

I couldn't help it. I laughed in his face.
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X