This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth patiokitty View Post
    I would never dream of going back to any store that has put an item on sale that I previously bought at regular price - I look at it as the nature of the beast. I can't help it that my timing sucked when I bought said item and that I could have received a better deal if I could have waited, so why take it out on the sales people or cashiers? It's not their fault that my timing sucked.
    I hardly ever use coupons. The savings generally isn't worth the effort to me. To me, it makes far more sense to buy items on sale to everyone, and to know where to go for the best bargains to begin with.

Buying meat is a great example; when it gets to its "sell by" date, it gets discounted, sometimes steeply. Freeze it or cook it right away and it's just as good as any other meat you can get.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I did catch a customer using the same receipt with multiple coupons (over many weeks) to get cash...no policy against that. It stopped when the veteran desk associate marked the receipt one day, SC tried again with a newbie using the same receipt and a supervisor saw it.
    Now that just pisses me off. That's FRAUD. Why the hell stores would allow customers to suck blood like that I do not understand.

Shit like this is the reason things cost so much.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'll clip coupons that I fully intend to use and then not take them with me (I really should get a small folder; right now all our coupons are cattywampused into an envelope). I'll get the cash back if it's within two days or so and I know the store does this; I don't abuse the privilege and if I can't do it oh well, it's on me for not bringing it with in the first place.
      Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      Buying meat is a great example; when it gets to its "sell by" date, it gets discounted, sometimes steeply. Freeze it or cook it right away and it's just as good as any other meat you can get.
      My dad will do that; however he just freezes the meat in the package. I really should get him one of those food-saver vacuum gizmos...
      Now that just pisses me off. That's FRAUD. Why the hell stores would allow customers to suck blood like that I do not understand.
      I can answer for my store at least: because of a spineless ASM who is all about 'customer service' and loves to get involved when it means undermining someone who knows what they're talking about, and nobody (sans myself and the service-desk veteran) knowing what the official policy is. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no official policy and we're the only ones that try to enforce something reasonable.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-31-2014, 01:39 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

LIke I said upthread, my store will do adjustments, on full price items that are marked down, within 2 weeks of purchase. I'm ok with that, and have taken advantage of that at other stores. What I have issues with, is our coupons and promos. and second markdowns, and so on. THOSE are not eligible for adjustments, yet we always end up doing them. since if we don't, customer will piss and moan, call corporate, and we get our hand smacked for not sucking up to the customer.

Comment

If it's a situation where someone thinks they maybe have a coupon somewhere at home, I tell them if they'd have to talk to a manager. That's if they ever come back but there are a few that do. If it's someone that finds the coupon just after the order is rung up I'll do the return for them. Though somewhere in our fine print it says all coupons must be presented at time of purchase.

If it's something where an item was bought on Saturday and the sale starts on Sunday I usually call a manager to take care of it. As far as I know we don't have an official policy on that and I don't think it's within my meager powers to make such decisions.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
          X