This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    I'm of the belief that a lot of people need a small, actually physical smack upside the head.
    And I'm of the belief that a lot of people need a LARGE, actually physical smack upside the head.

Who hates people?
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

I'm of the belief that a lot of people need a small, actually physical smack upside the head.

But then, I hate people as a rule.
      Me, too. But I restrain myself mostly because I have kids and I need my job.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        I share similar reasons. If it weren't for that I have to take care of Mom and the younger brother (and try to pay the bills) I'd already have been managing my anger that's been pent up for years.

Besides, orange is NOT a good color for my complexion at all.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          I restrain myself, too. If I went around killing everyone I thought was an idiot, there wouldn't be many people left.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

If I went around killing everyone I thought was an idiot, there wouldn't be many people left.
            Or even letting them die?

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
              "...and no man will give you stuff like they are supposed to, you will think of what I said!!".
              what?

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                Well done on you spotting the reference!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                  she said 'and the only way to get some decent jewelry out of a man is to get on your knees, so you have to convince him to give you access to the bank accounts early on in the relationship, so you never have to degrade yourself like that.'
                  That whore is suffering from diaharrhea of the mouth. As for why I'm using such a term - from what you posted, the woman straight-out admitted to exchanging sexual favours for items of value.

Quoth raudf View Post
                  I have known women who in the same breath will bitch a guy out for holding a door open for her (because it oppresses women, dontcha know) and then bitch him out if he doesn't hold the door open for her (because he doesn't have any manners.)
                  With the current climate of (somewhat) equality, the old standard of men automatically holding the door for women is a bit outdated. Who should hold the door now? Is one person carrying something bulky, or mobility-impaired, while the other has their hands free? The unencumbered/able-bodied person should hold the door for the encumbered/disabled person. Both are of the same status? The first person to reach the door should hold it open for the other. It's simple courtesy - doesn't matter whether you take a leak standing or sitting.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    The first person to reach the door should hold it open for the other. It's simple courtesy - doesn't matter whether you take a leak standing or sitting.
                    That's how I've always done it..... and nobody has ever told me I'm doing it wrong.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That's pretty much how I feel about the whole holding doors issue. Mind, I'm not going to wait five minutes for you to mosey your healthy, empty handed butt through the door. Yes, I've seen that level of bitchiness before. But, if your hands are full, you're struggling, or your close enough that I'm not waiting long, I'll hold the door. It's just polite.
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Yeah the door thing, I agree with all of you. Most of the gender rules/roles I just ignore, but when other people decide to follow them I choose to feel amused rather than insulted. (Asked one of the guys at work once, have you ever had a random guy at a job site come take something heavy out of your arms and ask if you are ok? No, he answered, just give them a break, men don't have a clue what to do anymore. And we laughed)

I've heard women rant about men almost as much as I've heard men rant about women, the thing that really upset me was just the level of .... hate. I really can't think of a better word. It was a passionate enthusiastic anger. I really can't describe it properly, but it was very different than listening to the girls bitch about the hubs forgetting to put the load in the dryer and having to wear damp jeans in the morning or something. I've known women that aren't such big fan of men before but this was really way over and above.

I keep hoping there was some medical or rational explanation, but I will never know, and hopefully I'll never see her again.
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Sounds like she was on her favorite hate horse and thought that since you were female that was being paid to do a job and can't leave.. you'd make a great listening dummy.

That said, when asked how I want to be treated by guys, I usually make a point of saying, "Like one of the guys... except I have a dirtier mind." And yes, I've proven it time and time again
                          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
                            And I'm of the belief that a lot of people need a LARGE, actually physical smack upside the head.
                            I'll see your large headslap, and raise you a 'with the largest frying pan we sell'.

I'll hold doors open for anyone, but I only get complained at about it from women (not often, but it does happen). No, it has nothing to do with chivalry or gender roles, I was just raised right and am a helpful person by nature.

One of the night crew guys once thought I was a guy because when I started on overnights, my hair was short (when Lead actually told him, I felt sorry for the guy; he looked mortified). Some nights I'd rather be helping them than placing tags to be honest.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              I'll see your large headslap, and raise you a 'with the largest frying pan we sell'...
                              I'll still opt for a cast iron aebelskiver pan...

,,, raises more bumps of increased intelligence per KLANG!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                                I'll still opt for a cast iron aebelskiver pan...

,,, raises more bumps of increased intelligence per KLANG!
                                And æbleskiver taste good too

Comment

Working...
                                X