Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now for your pleasure...an update...

Fraud Analyst got a call this morning...and the fraudster has been arrested, admitted lying, and charged with Attempt to Obtain by Deception.
    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post

Fraud Analyst got a call this morning...and the fraudster has been arrested, admitted lying, and charged with Attempt to Obtain by Deception.
      Barney, what do you think?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I love happy endings! *sniff*
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
            quoted for truth
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I know it's been said, but...

Your stories are a delight to read... and I wind up with the feeling that the "good guys" won a round.
              Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

I have absolutely zip sympathy for scammers that get busted. Hah! Too lazy, too greedy, too entitled to just, oh, I don't know, earn the money?

Like in the other thread about the guy who was filing a false claim on his car: why not cut back on your expenses? Get financial advice? Make a budget and stick to it?

Sure, some people probably get away with it, but what kind of a gambler are you? A potential windfall of a few thousand dollars if you win, vs jail time and loss of job and public shame if you lose.
                To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                To pursue it with forks and hope;
                To threaten its life with a railway share;
                To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

With scammers, I think it's ego.

They're too proud to ask for help, and they're too self-important to exercise some discipline or sacrifice any of the toys they "deserve".

The only option left open? Cheat.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
                    why not cut back on your expenses? Get financial advice? Make a budget and stick to it?
                    For Mr WheresMyCar (other thread) - He's close to $1.3million in the hole. Now a big chunk of that is rental properties but even so...there are notes on the file saying not to contact his girlfriend/partner about the overdue payments.

This one here I think its a combonation of ignorance, greed and stupidity. Ignorance that it is a criminal action. Greed to want the newest, shinest toys, and stupidity to try and get away with it.

The latest update from the cops on this one is that she admitted her lies, that the phone was actually her uninsured boyfiend who legitimately lost his phone and she tried to claim it as hers. Its likely that she will pleed guilty, be charged and then either recieve diversion or a suspended sentance. Personally I think diversion is a fair outcome - if she pays us back our investigators fees and keeps her nose clean, she can go on with her life. She's only reletively young (early 20's) and this will be a harsh life lesson. And her mates will hear about it and spread the message not to rip off insurers.
                    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Yeah, I can see that...

...Personally I think diversion is a fair outcome - if she pays us back our investigators fees and keeps her nose clean, she can go on with her life. She's only reletively young (early 20's) and this will be a harsh life lesson. And her mates will hear about it and spread the message not to rip off insurers.
                      I can go along with that. I did some monumentally stupid things as well in my early 20's... and eventually I grew up.
                      Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                      X