Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of our retired Premiers (roughly equivalent to a State Governer), Jeff Kennet, is the chairman of 'BeyondBlue', a national .. non-government organisation or some such 'thing' that's supposed to be helping people with depression.

They don't actually do too badly. And they would LOVE to hear your story, Latekin. They may well be able to help you. Whether it be to prevent you from being fired-with-prejudice and just leaving employment-neutral and helping you find a better job; or filing a hostile workplace claim, or whatever it is you choose to do.

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Ohhh...I might look into that! Thanks Seshat! You can wear the awesome hat for this week.
      *Hand over hat.*

What I choose to do right this moment is drink beer, and go have a rant at the geckos in my shed.
      They understand me! XD
      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

I am sitting here with my jaw hanging open. If someone told my daughter to 'build a bridge and get over it' they would be picking themselves up off the floor. She is just a nasty piece of work who needs to be exposed (media, any governing bodies dealing with workplace discrimination). I pray she doesn't have kids with her ex...mental illness can be hereditary and she would be hell to those poor kids.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
          So, what are the disability discrimination laws like there? Sounds like she's flirting with breaking a few.
          Flirting hell! Looks more like "made a very crude proposition".

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Security cams should be able to show that she was NOT waiting for half an hour,
          Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          Sucktomers always invent hilariously overblown levels of hyperbole when describing a mild inconvenience at best.
          One "rule of thumb" I've heard about in terms of estimate vs. actual time in the computer industry, which probably also applies to actual wait vs. customer's perceived wait, is "double it and go to the next larger unit". Customer says they were waiting half an hour? Probably waiting a quarter of a minute.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X