Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC, I would hold you to that, except for the fact that the logistics would be a nightmare, and from what I've seen and heard from the people here, it wouldn't be necessary. I wasn't exaggerating in the slightest....everyone I know that knows the story wants to buy her a drink when she finally gets here.

Of course, how many of them are still here and remember it all by the time she finally actually DOES get here may be a different story!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

As living proof that 'impossible' is possible, send let her know never to give up.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

More updatage! Got this email from Mom (edited for privacy, with my notes in brackets):

When Stepdad and I visited Miss Freak yesterday, we found her comprehension somewhat improved from our last visit. She pretty much answered every question that we asked her.

The Witch [my older sister]: She identified you in a picture we showed her; she also I.D.'d herself in the same picture.

Jester: I told Miss Freak you would love to come and talk with her. She said, "I'd like that."

Lil Sis [my younger sister]: She said that you live in England.

Fly Boy [my stepbrother, Miss Freak's brother]: She identified you in a picture we showed her. She said, "You were her brother, Fly Boy." She also said Mrs. Fly Boy is her sister-in-law.

"Stuff" in general ... She knew the dates of her birthday and Small Fry's [her son; this is significant, as the last time they asked her her birthday, she knew the month but not the date]. She's still a whiz at knowing the singing groups she's hearing. She knew Santa Fe was in New Mexico and N.J. was by the Atlantic Ocean (Miss Freak gets an "A" in geography!). She knew Stepdad was "her father." Said, "Goodbye, Dizzy [my mom]," when we were leaving. She said she worked for [her job's company name]. When Stepdad reminded her that she attended the '84 Olympics, she said, "Who could forget that." When one of the male nurses left her room, she said, "He's really a nice guy." I could go on, but just wanted you to have an idea that her awareness of things has improved. She has not improved physically, however, and is still on a feeding tube. It's encouraging to see whatever improvement there is. You are now as up to date as we are.

An amusing addition to this email is that, the last time I talked to my mom on the phone about my stepsister, I asked her what the doctors were saying. Very dismissively, Mom said, "Oh, we don't talk to them anymore." Cracked me up. Apparently they have been so negative and so pessimistic that my parents have just decided, "Fuck 'em." My parents are 76 and 80....they don't bother with what they consider bullshit any more.

Myself, I'll be landing in the desert in 39 days, and almost certainly visiting my stepsister in 40 days....maybe even 39. (I'm scheduled to land at 12:15 on a Friday, so visiting her is certainly not out of the question.)

Thought you folks would enjoy the update!
        Last edited by Jester; 08-09-2011, 02:06 AM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Every update makes me want to happy dance, Jester! Miss Freak is totally my hero!
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Just got this from my wall on Facebook: a message from Miss Freak's husband saying that she is asking about me.

That.

Is.

AWESOME!

Makes all the other bullshit I had to deal with today that much more tolerable.

Still A Customer."

Comment

YAY!
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Hooray! It's great to hear about her progress, keep up the good work Miss Freak! *happy dance*
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Just got this from my wall on Facebook: a message from Miss Freak's husband saying that she is asking about me.
                  It's those little things that make it worthwhile.

Rapscallion

Comment

Wooooo! Awesome to hear, Jester! =D
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

So my older sister The Witch is in Phoenix right now, and went to see Miss Freak in her facility. Apparently Miss Freak moved her hand and arm a few inches, and when The Witch and Miss Freak's husband tried to verbally convince her to do it again, Miss Freak called The Witch a "fucking bitch" several times.

I'm trying to figure out if (A) Miss Freak is just being stubborn and obstinate, resisting directions and expressing her frustrations with the difficulty of performing even the simplest tasks, or (B) this is progress, and she's calling out The Witch for The Witch's normal behavioral patterns.

(I should note that, while Miss Freak does normally recognize The Witch's personality for what it is, she does in the end like her and get along with her. Not that that made this development any less funny to me. I had to NOT text back my sister and say, "So, she's speaking the truth then?")

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X