This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Detour

So, Nekojin and I decided to take a trip back to Disneyland last night to catch the fireworks. If I had known that yesterday was a holiday (I could write an epic on Fratching about the individual in question), I would seriously have considered putting off our next trip.

So, it's a holiday, and they're running a stripped down weekend schedule, with the fireworks show, Fantasmic!, and all the rest. We've been there a while and get a pretty nice spot to watch the fireworks. Once that's done with, we head over to Adventureland. Or, at least, we try to.

Due to the crowds they get for the fireworks show and for Fantasmic!, they have a lot of special pathing they set up to help ease congestion. However, making people who want to get to Adventureland go into Frontierland and go all the way down to the lake, with a string of attendants, and then going around a planter to go all the way back to where you started, only on the other side of a long row of benches, seems to be notably counter-productive.

Needless to say, I'm not the only one who thinks so, or I wouldn't be writing this post.

So, we've gone all the way down, and are most of the way back, when I spot a small group of people having "words" with one of the hapless herders, a young kid standing on a bench with a wand to direct traffic.

So, because I'm a nosy individual, and because I want to cheer the guy up, I wander over and let him know that even if the whole process is annoying, it's no reason for them to get into it with him 'cause it's not like he can really do anything about it. Turns out that in addition to some lovely criticism from the group, the lady also flipped him off as a parting shot.

He did tell me that people like me made it worth it, so that was worth a few warm fuzzies.

As an added bonus, by that point the only person not in a good mood was the lady who ranted at him in the first place.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

How could anyone be so mean and angry at the happiest place on earth?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      They're self-important twats who think the world should revolve around them.

Sometime earlier this year, Nekojin had gone to do some pin trading, and as he left, he hit the Guest Services to see if the people there had any pins. While he waited, he was treated to a woman who bitched that the $40 she had gotten as part of some package was not nearly enough to feed both of her daughters, at which point they gave her another $40. Then she started bitching about how one of them had gotten wet on Splash Mountain (duh, you think?), and how they owed her a new sweater for the girl, and one for the other girl, too. He left before the urge to strangle the woman grew too strong to resist.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        I use to work there. Everyone that works there is miserable. After a while you're either insane or on drugs. That's why everyone that works there seems so happy. It's not joy. It's insanity. Or PCP.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Then she started bitching about how one of them had gotten wet on Splash Mountain (duh, you think?)

^-.-^
          'Nuff said.

Comment

Oh noes?! She got wet on splash mountain? The horror! The horror! Next thing you know, you will get wet swimming in the ocean. When will it ever stop?
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
            X