X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I sucky with this?

*wasn't sure where else to post this*

To make it brief - the copier in the church office has been having some issues with the display panel, but it still works as far as actual printing and copying. This problem came up last week, however, I did not put in a repair request.......for the following reasons:

- The Sunday bulletin needed to be printed out by Thursday morning in order to be ready for the volunteers who come in to help fold, and I do NOT have the time, money, or resources to take a print job elsewhere.

- I only get paid to be there during the few hours a week when the office is open. Our pastor was on vacation last week, and there was no one else who could've been present if the tech person should have needed to stay past the time the office closes. (and yes, this has been a problem in the past, thus my concern)

- things have been extra-busy at the library these past few days, and I honestly forget to tell Pastor Nancy (this being when she got back) that there was a problem with the copier.

Anyhow, she does now know that there is a problem, and I called in a repair request today, but since I can't stay past noon and she had stuff going on outside of the office, the appointment had to be put off for tomorrow. And understandably, Pastor Nancy was a little frustrated with me for not having called in a repair request sooner, but I honestly wasn't quite sure how to handle things, given some of my concerns.

You did the best you could do. Honestly they need a backup plan for something like this.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      You did the best you could do. Honestly they need a backup plan for something like this.
      This I definitely agree with........or at least, I'd need to know that I would get paid if something came up and I should maybe need to stay later. Because another concern is that I have a small frame of time in between jobs, I don't get paid for time I miss at the library, and we're short-staffed enough that it would've caused problems last week if I'd had to be late.

Comment

Working...
      X