This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Ironically, just last night we watched a movie called "Sandlot 2". It's a kid's movie. It features a "monster dog" known by the neighborhood kids as "The Great Fear."
    That sounds just like the first movie, but that fearsome dog was called The Beast.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Yeah, The Great Fear was one of the Beast's offspring.

Comment

how about 'the weasel?' maybe putting salt or cayenne pepper in a spray bottle with some water; it's harmless to them and will sting the bejesus out of whatever area it hits (butt or the eyes/mouth) without the lasting damage of a pressure hose.

i've only encountered one mean big dog, but he was older and flea ridden, so i can understand part of his nature being caused by a piss poor owner.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Well, that would require for me to be prepared when I encounter him, which so far, I have not been. He's a very sporadic problem at best. If I could predict when I will see him, he would no longer be a problem by now.

If he were a predictable problem, mace and the Sheriff's patrol would be in the que for this.

Comment

I have the opposite problem. I hate those little territorial-but-it's-not-my-real-territory accessory yippie tiny dogs.

The idiots who used to live across the street and one house down from my parents are back, and they brought their stupid rat dogs with them. I knew one day that house would be done being built and they'd be back

They already lost one dog a few years ago because they don't use leashes or leads. They just open the doors and let them out at once. Always the two at a time. This one dog in particular was not only old but DEAF, and this street is right by a railroad track.....you can guess what happened one day. We were all amazed that it took over a year for that to happen, considering they never watch their dogs, just let them out and wait until the dogs come back yapping at the door to be let back in.

And if you are ever outside or you pull up when they are out, those little shits come running and barking right at you. One's a chihuahua, the other is something that looks like an overgrown white rat with a fuzzier tail. They come running and yipping at you.

When Bear was younger, we used to let her out and sic her on them, but now she's getting old and so slowing down, and she now gets really anxious around small dogs, so we just yell at them until they go away. The noise will finally attract their idiot owners to open the door and yell for them to come back.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Next time the dog is out, get your husband and lure the beast into your back yard - Keep your daughter inside! Then trap it in the yard, and call Animal Control to come collect it. And keep something handy to keep it off you so you or your husband(Whoever plays lure) can get back in the house without the dog following.

Blas, get something to repel them? That or... Call Animal Control. If they'll respond... -Prods story of AC not caring-
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

You'd think a car or an angry blonde with big shoes would be enough, but no.

Seems to me, the smaller the dog, the bigger the ego and attitude.

It sucks because I really don't hate small dogs in general. Just the ones owned by people who don't care and they become territorial over property that isn't theirs to roam on and they go around yip yapping and running into someone's yard and yapping at them! And that awful bouncing and jumping like they are going to try to do something. I just wish my Bear was still young and fierce.

I suppose the same could be said about larger dogs. It's all about how they are taken care of, or in these cases, the lackthereof. It's just that where I live, the little dogs are always on the prowl.

But then again, these are the idiots who didn't care about the traintracks being so close to their house, and they still let their dogs go roam wherever. They are also the same idiots who drove drunk and bashed into a telephone pole and then tried to get away but their horn malfunctioned and wouldn't turn off after the accident, so the whole neighborhood knew who did it.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Yeah Yeah, The Great Fear was one of the Beast's offspring.
                  Corrected for a Sandlot reference.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    You'd think a car or an angry blonde with big shoes would be enough, but no.

Seems to me, the smaller the dog, the bigger the ego and attitude.

It sucks because I really don't hate small dogs in general. Just the ones owned by people who don't care and they become territorial over property that isn't theirs to roam on and they go around yip yapping and running into someone's yard and yapping at them! And that awful bouncing and jumping like they are going to try to do something. I just wish my Bear was still young and fierce.

I suppose the same could be said about larger dogs. It's all about how they are taken care of, or in these cases, the lackthereof. It's just that where I live, the little dogs are always on the prowl.

But then again, these are the idiots who didn't care about the traintracks being so close to their house, and they still let their dogs go roam wherever. They are also the same idiots who drove drunk and bashed into a telephone pole and then tried to get away but their horn malfunctioned and wouldn't turn off after the accident, so the whole neighborhood knew who did it.

A lot of people don't bother training small dogs because they're SOOO tiny and couldn't possibly be a danger! oh, he's barking! He thinks he's a BIG dog.

Jerkwads...

I love dogs. Love them to pieces. I go squeely over puppies of all ages and breeds.

They need to be ON a LEASE, or if not on a leash, in the house or in a SECURE yard.

I mean, if you're going to get the mail at the end of your driveway, and the dog always stays by your leg, that's not a problem. But no dog should be left to roam around or allowed to bark at humans. WE'RE the dominant species. Properly trained dogs are taught that Human > Puppy, and behaves accordingly.
                    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

yippy dogs... i dislike them but ... at least they'll never "annoy you to death"

But seriously... you have the right to be safe from attack in your own yard. Along with what you're already doing... I'd suggest checking out the local regulations on "Castle Laws" etc.

Comment

Quoth georgie View Post
                        i was bitten 3 times by dogs when i was growing up. once on the cheek and twice on my arms. im wary now of dogs.
                        When I was little, our dog ended up biting one of the neighbor kids in the cheek when we were all out on our porch swing. The parents never tried to sue or anything because the girl had grabbed his tail and yanked on it, and it wasn't so much that he bit her as he ran into her with his teeth when he whipped his head around to get her to stop yanking on his tail.

He only ever bit one other person, and that was the mailman who went into our backyard for no good reason (he really was trespassing) and macing him because he was barking too much because he didn't like people wearing hats. He tried to sue, of course, after spending some time in the hospital with a bit wound do the gut. He was laughed out of court and ended up losing his job, too.

Quoth blas View Post
                        I have the opposite problem. I hate those little territorial-but-it's-not-my-real-territory accessory yippie tiny dogs.
                        One of our downstairs neighbors has two of these things, and they let them run around loose all the ing time. The first one is a useless little thing. Likes to think the entire building is his territory, but will run away if you even glance his way. The other one is a min-pin, and they don't take care of him any better than the first, so he's starting to bark at and chase everyone who goes by.

The idiot owners treat them like toys for their kids that they get to play with too.

The first dustrag will often come up to outside our apartment to "menace" our cats through the window. I've told the owner a few times that our cats would eat him. The guy just laughs.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Don't know about your cat, but if those yippy things met MY cat (the other one, not the one in my avatar), it would be lunch. Stumps is fine with dogs as long as they don't get near him or enter "his" part of the house. He's taken on dogs far larger than he and always comes out the winner.

People always think little dogs are harmless. Wrong. Most dog bites come from little dogs, because people think of them as eternal puppies and never bother to train or socialize them, or get too rough with them and trigger a defense response. Most people are naturally more cautious around larger dogs, knowing they can and will get bit if they annoy the dog.

(I don't want to imply I don't like dogs; I like them a lot actually. But I hate it when dogs are not socialized and I despise owners who fail to be pack leaders).
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

When I had the paper route, one of my customers dogs got out...and decided I was a food item. Their German Shepherd sunk its teeth in my leg Needless to say, after they'd heard me screaming, they were literally shitting themselves. Mainly because it wasn't the first time, nor was it the last. A year later, the dog bit my brother, and after that...some little girl on a scooter in the street After hearing her scream, I went out there with a bat, and chased the dog away. I didn't hit the dog, but if he had bit her, I probably would have. Last I heard, they got sued before they moved away.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                              but if those yippy things met MY cat (the other one, not the one in my avatar)...
                              I will now embarrass myself before the entire class by telling you that until you mentioned it I absolutely could not figure out what your avatar was.

Quoth protege View Post
                              Their German Shepherd sunk its teeth in my leg Needless to say, after they'd heard me screaming, they were literally shitting themselves. Mainly because it wasn't the first time, nor was it the last. A year later, the dog bit my brother, and after that...some little girl on a scooter in the street
                              If a dog had ever bitten me after having bitten someone else, there is not a snowball's chance in hell it would have had any opportunity to ever encounter, much less bite my younger brother.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My ex's father used to be a mail carrier. I'll refer to him as "Jerry" because, well that's his name.

As a mail carrier, he's encountered his share of dogs, some of them vicious. He's also an ex-marine, so he's quite capable of defending himself.

He told me about this one house he delivered to, where the owner let the dog out, and the dog came running towards him, growling and snarling. When the dog lunged at Jerry to bite him, Jerry kicked it in the face, and sent it running back into the house whimpering.

The guy got pissed, but Jerry told him, "He was going to attack me. You're lucky I didn't kill him." When Jerry returned to the post office, he told them what happened and they suspended his delivery service. From then on, he had to go to the post office to get his mail.
                                Sometimes life is altered.
                                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                                Uneasy with confrontation.
                                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                                X