X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Mostly Italian.

I know what you're thinking.

Comment

When I was a kid I delivered newspapers by bicycle and kept a squirt bottle of ammonia to hose off the dogs that liked to chase me and nip at my heels. Amazingly effective.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
        II was crawling around in the backyard making paths through the snow when I came face-to-face with our German Shepherd. I have no idea why he did this, but he lunged forward and bit my face.
        Dad's beagle (Geoffrey) did something similar when I was a child. I was crawling in my grandmother's living room, and apparently I started into the little "cave" next to Grandpa's recliner. Bad idea, since that was where Geoffrey usually slept. He barked and growled at me...and Dad was pissed. He literally dragged the dog out of there by the collar, picked him up so they were eye-to-eye, and spanked him. Never had that problem again with me, or even my brothers.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I had a run-in with a dog once while in high school.

I spent the summer babysitting a couple kids a few miles down the road. I would ride my bike there in the morning, then ride home again in the afternoon. Every day on the way home, I would pass by this one farmhouse that was home to a big black dog, and every day it would see me coming down the hill and start running toward me, barking. Every day, I managed to completely pass the house before it got to the road, and nothing came of it.

Until the day one of my sisters came babysitting with me. On our way home, she started down the hill first. The dog saw her and started running. She passed beofre it got to the road, but I was behind her this time. The next thing I knew, there was this monster dog barking and leaping at me, and it didn't look friendly. So I did the only thing I could think of.

I yelled, "Back off, dumb dog!" at the top of my lungs.

To my surprise, the dog actually looked startled and backed off, giving me time to get away. My sister didn't come babysitting with my anymore that summer, so I didn't have any other close calls, thank goodness.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

so he warned our neighbor...and the next time the dogs came up to our house he shot them in the butts with bird shot.
            one of the women i met while in MEPS (processing before they send you off to boot camp) had a similar story only it wasn't bird shot.

Comment

So Kink, what does that say about German/Italian mixes?

Oh, and don't forget a hint of Native American.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                So Kink, what does that say about German/Italian mixes?

Oh, and don't forget a hint of Native American.
                About what you'd think.

Comment

What I do rememer is that the Italians experimented with an early form of biofuel.

They made the trains run on thyme.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    They made the trains run on thyme.
                    So what you're saying is, they had too much thyme on their hands?

Comment

Working...
                    X