Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little worried at how many EW's will form because of this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little worried at how many EW's will form because of this.

Before work I decided to get lunch at "Massachussetts Bazaar." Well, I order my food, and the manager told me about how they've made a few changes. Customers are no longer required to get their drink. They sit down, and someone working in the lobby gets the customer's drink and food to them. Basically corp's decision to kiss the customer's ass even further.

I personally don't like having my ass kissed. My ass is for sitting, not for kissing. Yet, I am polite about being served. I wonder how many EW's there will be that'll use this change as a chance to treat the staff as their personal servant.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Sooo . . . they're hiring waitresses?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Not quite. You order the food at the counter like you normally do. Then the one person who's in the dining room bring out your order as well as the drink of your choice, and even gets you your refills, and tosses your garbage out when you're finished.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Not quite. You order the food at the counter like you normally do. Then the one person who's in the dining room bring out your order as well as the drink of your choice, and even gets you your refills, and tosses your garbage out when you're finished.
        That's disgraceful. I feel so bad for the people who worked there before the change. They didn't sign up for that.

Comment

They did that at I think it was Hardees for a while (at least, they did at this one that was near my old job). It was the stupidest thing I'd ever freaking seen. If I want restaurant food, I'll go to a restaurant. If I want fast food, I go to a place like Hardees, and I want it fast. Having to send out what amounts to a waitstaff does nothing to speed up the process.

It ain't like I'm going to such a place for the quality of the food or to have my ass waited on. I want something to adequately keep body and soul together for a few more hours. Hell, they don't even have to get my order right. I honestly don't give a damn. Just don't dick around giving it to me, I'm there because I wanna get in and get out.

Comment

exactly; it's fast food, not a meal at 'chez snootee' and expecting waitservice is absurd and a waste of personnel.

i can get my own food/drink and bus my own table, because i'm all grown up, yes i am.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Oh, it's like a Sizzler. I never understood why you had to order from the cashier but be served by waitstaff. And tipping was expected. But you had to wait in line like at a cafeteria. *shakes head*
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I like getting my own drinks. I can mix root beer and orange, or sweet tea with plain, or Dr. Pepper and Pepsi.

Resident artists: I think we need a Colbert-type smiley with it's fist raised, saying "Damn you!"
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  If I want restaurant food, I'll go to a restaurant. If I want fast food, I go to a place like Hardees, and I want it fast.
                  You have to remember the "fast" in "fast food" does not refer to the speed of service, but rather that you have to eat if fast before it goes bad
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    You have to remember the "fast" in "fast food" does not refer to the speed of service, but rather that you have to eat if fast before it goes bad
                    It also refers to the speed at which it goes through your system.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      I like getting my own drinks. I can mix root beer and orange, or sweet tea with plain, or Dr. Pepper and Pepsi.

Resident artists: I think we need a Colbert-type smiley with it's fist raised, saying "Damn you!"
                      There's this one on the list...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm somewhat of an independent type. When I finish at a cafe, I take my plate to a clearing area. The sort of places I ate at (on the occasions I ate out) were the type where you did that, so that might have formed part of my attitude.

I ended up sleeping over at a motel type place with a pub attached where they did the breakfast thing. A chum and I had a breakfast and when I'd finished I got up with the plate and looked around. Chum said that they paid people to clear the plates away.

"Eh?"

Sod that. I'm proud of being able to do that for myself. I then got told the same thing by the staff who caught me wandering around with an empty plate looking bafffled.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                        X