Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And just how lazy and/or stupid do you have to be....?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always stop for pedestrians. I seem to remember in driver's ed that they always have the right of way no matter how stupid they are.

Comment

yes, i stop for them too; something about the possibility of hitting them accidentally would probably send me over the edge.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Cactus Jack View Post
        First off, I'm not expecting you to stop for no apparent reason and secondly I don't feel like sitting around while 20 people cross the street.
        You know it's a free for all, so you should probably expect people to stop to let the pedestrians cross. And, depending on where you are, there's a good chance that they're just obeying the law. Even if a person is jaywalking, they still have right of way in most (all?) states.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Cactus Jack View Post
          If the person is in the street I understand, the situation I'm talking about has a person waiting on the side of the road for it to be clear and the driver in the other car stops and waves them across.
          Which can be rather dangerous itself, since other cars may not realize why the first car stopped, blow past the stopped car, and nearly hit the unfortunate pedestrian.

That's why I hated this one road outside a building I did editing work at for a few months. I had to run across the street to check on a print job at the printing building. The street was four lanes (two each way), and the nearest crosswalk was over a block away, while the printing building was right across the street. Getting over there felt like a demented game of Frogger.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X