Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temper Tantrums at Target (Hey, not that bad of a shopping thread, woo hoo!!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't ever tell that guy about french fries. The concept that its the cut of the potato and not the nationality would probably cause an aneurysm. On second thought, tell him.

Lupo, I think you forgot something at the store, and need to go back and get it as swiftly as possible. Specifically, your usual dose of shopping idiots to share with us.
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      What about my moon pies?!?
      That...was awesome. I summarized this thread for my husband and read this response and he cracked up. And it's way too early in the morning for him to crack up.

Comment

That first idiot thought that people mine tea? Wtf? I'm picturing people in hard hats chopping tea leaves out of the wall of a mine shaft.
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          B: Oh, thank you lupo, I thought he’d NEVER leave.
          Corrected that for you!
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

English Breakfast Tea is so called because it is/was popular in England.

At the height of the British Empire, the fastest long-distance ships in the world (then the famous clippers) were built to get tea from the harvest in Asia to the markets in England as quickly as possible. The first ship home would get the highest price at market, because by then the previous year's supply would have almost run out.

These days, with steamships (you know what I mean) and aircraft and modern supply-chain management, there really isn't any problem with seasonal supply any more.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Damnit, Irv, you beat me to it this time. I'll get you next time!
              The both of you beat me to it!
              There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                I'll get you next time!
                *Wonders aloud if Inspector Gadget has a tea dispenser in there somewhere*

Go-Go-Gadget Tea! Earl Grey! Hot!......WOWsers, I spilled that on my..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Should it concern me that I saw that playing out in cartoon form?
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I do remember, there was one jurisdiction that outlawed using the name "Peking Duck" unless the duck in question actually came from Peking. Can't remember exactly where, but I grew up in NYC so it was probably there or nearby.

(Funny thing is, the ducks served in Beijing are commonly imported from Long Island...)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Go-Go-Gadget Tea! Earl Grey! Hot!......WOWsers, I spilled that on my..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                      I am so glad that nobody's at home right now.... *laughs so hard*
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Should it concern me that I saw that playing out in cartoon form?
                        Which part?? o.0

Quoth EricKei View Post

Well, glad I wasn't drinking anything at that point. Though, having once spilled hot tea in uncomfy places, that brings back unhappy memories... >.<

I was giggling, though.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                          I do remember, there was one jurisdiction that outlawed using the name "Peking Duck" unless the duck in question actually came from Peking. Can't remember exactly where, but I grew up in NYC so it was probably there or nearby.

(Funny thing is, the ducks served in Beijing are commonly imported from Long Island...)
                          There's a communications treaty being negotiated now that is hung up on issues like other countries selling products from regional areas where the product is not from that region.

Big example: Champagne. If it's not actually made in the Champagne region of France, you're supposed to call it "sparkling wine" to differentiate it from the supposedly "real deal." Of course, the implication is no one in Champagne makes crap wine, so the "real deal" should command higher prices.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

They had lots of Earl Grey Tea on the USS Enterprise.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              They had lots of Earl Grey Tea on the USS Enterprise.
                              Precisely why I phrased it that way. ^_^ Of course if you want an additional mindbender, picture good Mr Stewart delivering that line AS the good Inspector...

...The irony of someone with a name and avatar like that mentioning that particular reference is not lost on me, either
                              Last edited by EricKei; 10-18-2010, 02:30 AM.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                ...The irony of someone with a name and avatar like that mentioning that particular reference is not lost on me, either
                                I think I'm missing something here.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X