Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temper Tantrums at Target (Hey, not that bad of a shopping thread, woo hoo!!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first guy didn't want tea, he had no intention of buying anything at all. He just wanted to be an ass. I honestly think some people are so miserable that the only thing that makes them the tiniest bit happy is making other people miserable. People like that don't deserve to get to interact with other people.

Also, if he *really* wants some "tea" "mined" in England, you could always give him a cup of hot water with a bit of peat floating in it.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      And does this mean my Columbian coffee is a lie if it doesn't come from Columbia?
      Yes, because unlike "English Breakfast" tea (for which someone has already given the explanation for the name), French Fries, Canadian Bacon (known as "peameal bacon" in Canada), and other food products with a location name in them, Columbian coffee refers to the point of origin of the product itself, rather than the product being popular there or having been developed there.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

(Ahem) What about Buffalo wings, huh? If they weren't grown, killed and cooked in Buffalo, you can't call them Buffalo wings!! Right? Right??

Seriously, though. Would that guy make a scene if he was told that the current Earl Grey doesn't personally pick and package Earl Grey tea? I'm guessing he would.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          So...the tea is a lie?

And does this mean my Columbian coffee is a lie if it doesn't come from Columbia?
          I used not like Colombian coffee until I had some the bf's 'rents brought back from Colombia. So good!! I don't think they send the good beans to the states, ha.
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            (Ahem) What about Buffalo wings, huh? If they weren't grown, killed and cooked in Buffalo, you can't call them Buffalo wings!! Right? Right??
            They could be made from the wings of winged buffalo, couldn't they?

Comment

Speaking of tea, did anyone else watch the Modern Marvels episode on the history of tea? It was on National Geographic a few days ago. I found it interesting. Now I think I'm going to go fix myself a cup of tea, Earl Grey, hot.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Lupo, you've never seen?

I personally don't care much for Tazo, but I think it's because I've been spoiled with some fantastic loose leaf teas. My favourite is a blend called Monks Blend that my tea dealer gets in and I buy frequently. And now I want a cuppa.

Mmm I still have some of that high octane Earl Grey.
                *trots off to heat some water*
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

can't say that I have, but that was most definitely NOT the box he was pointing at, nor was it even in the selection offered by this Starbucks.

Huh, I don't even see that on the tazo website. Maybe I'm just blind.

Comment

Could be it's discontinued as well, though I can't figure out why they would considering how well English Breakfast sells... at least in other brands. Come to think of it, I dunno that I've seen it in a while either. I'll have to peek in when I go to the tea shop tomorrow.
                    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      Which part?? o.0
                      I think he meant THIS part....which I did actually see being played out in cartoon form....

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      *Wonders aloud if Inspector Gadget has a tea dispenser in there somewhere*

Go-Go-Gadget Tea! Earl Grey! Hot!......WOWsers, I spilled that on my..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                        Though, having once spilled hot tea in uncomfy places, that brings back unhappy memories... >.<

I was giggling, though.
                        In that case (and yes, the first thing that came to my mind was the Burger King incident when they gave a lady molten-lava temperature coffee), let's just say that it hit his arm. That's it, his arm. Hot metal isn't very comfortable to touch ^_^
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X