Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leave the nurses alone (long, a little gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Now as for nurses, they are often overworked almost always underpaid (and by that I mean even if they make $50/hr they are still underpaid..at least some of them )..people need to not hassle the nurses please.

Damien: I hope your future operations go well, and I wish you Bobs not Barrys as roommates. You may want to keep in touch with Bob - he sounds like a fun old guy.

Mytical: I completely agree. Good nurses are among the most important people in society. So are a lot of the other hands-on medical people - I'm still impressed by the physiotherapists who treated me at the rehab hospital.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Flowers are just so... transient a gift.
      But still very thoughtful, and better than no gift at all.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        But still very thoughtful, and better than no gift at all.
        True. True.

And for those who can't swing the flowers, cards are good, too.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Send food. I've never seen floor staff at a hospital turn down a free, hot meal. Maybe a quiet check with their HR to make sure there are no special needs.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Flowers are just so... transient a gift.
            One year, I got my girlfriend a Swarovski crystal orchid for her birthday/Christmas (the days are close together, and I only had enough money for one gift that year), and I included a card with it that read "Because a real flower doesn't last as long."

I got a call from her on Christmas Day, all choked up, and she said, "I started crying when I read that."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Send food. I've never seen floor staff at a hospital turn down a free, hot meal.
              QFT. Even a non-hot meal (like doughnuts or bagels) goes over well. When my clinical group switched floors halfway through the semester, we brought a few boxes of doughnuts for the floor as a thank you and the nurses were very, very happy.

I imagine whatever you do, even if it is "just" a thank you note, will be very appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X