This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail, after fail, after fail.

I was out having a meal at a pub with a couple of friends today. The pub was very, very quiet. At one point, my friends and I were the only customers. So this made this so much easier to overhear.

A father and son enter, and go to the bar to speak to the manager. The son looks about 16. The father looks annoyed.

F: I believe you have my sons I.D! You took it off him last night!
    M: Oh, the driver's licence I confiscated. Is that what you are after?
    F: Yes! Why did you take it off him?
    M: Well, there were a couple of issues. Firstly, the I.D said he was born in 1978.
    F: And? That just proves he is old enough!
    M: We were also unsure about the photograph. Although the photo on the I.D has a slight resembelence, we still weren't sure, so we asked your son if he had anything else with his name on it.
    F: Yes, and?
    M: He gave us a bank card with a completely different name on it.
    F: Well, ummm, maybe the bank put the wrong name on his card.
    M: I don't think so sir. And no offence, but there is no way that your son is 32 years old. And if he is, perhaps he should be asking for the I.D back himself.
    F: Well, he might have a medical condition! You don't know!
    M: So we had an I.D with a picture that didn't look like the owner, the age was much older than he appeared to be, and the only other form of I.D he had had a different name on it. So we came to the conclusion that the I.D may have been stolen, and confiscated it.
    F: That's ridiculous! He had I.D that proved he was 18!
    M: Oh, well I thought being born in 1978 would make someone 32, not 18.
    F: Uuuuhhhh....uhhhhhhhh....
    M: So is that everything?
    F: Well no, I want it back.
    M: I gave it to the police. It is being returned to it's rightful owner.
    F: What?!

Father turned to his son.

F: Well, now you've lost that, there's no chance of getting served anywhere until you're....you're....until you have replaced your I.D!
    M: And I will be giving the police an update on this.

They walked out.

So we had a young boy, who either stole, found or borrowed someone else's I.D, attempted to use it, got caught and then got his dad to try and get it back for him. And then the dad has the nerve to be annoyed about the whole thing.

That's ridiculous. Also, why is it that if I'd had a stolen ID and tried to get my dad to help me get it back, I would have in shitloads of trouble? That's not fair.

"And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I think you should have applauded.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        So we had a young boy, who either stole, found or borrowed someone else's I.D, attempted to use it, got caught and then got his dad to try and get it back for him. And then the dad has the nerve to be annoyed about the whole thing.
        Well of course he's annoyed. Now he has to buy booze for his kid, or go out and steal find another ID for him.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I can't believe he's defending that sort of behavior. My faith in humanity just slipped another notch.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

F: Well, now you've lost that, there's no chance of getting served anywhere until you're....you're....until you have replaced your I.D!

No words for this.

What @$$holes.

Comment

That is the most awesome parenting ever. That guy should get his own show. Like Supernanny, but for teenagers! (sarcasm, obviously)

I think if I got caught using a fake I.D. before I was 19 (drinking age here), and asked my mom to get it back for me, she would laugh hysterically and then ground me until I actually turned 19.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post

I think if I got caught using a fake I.D. before I was 19 (drinking age here), and asked my mom to get it back for me, she would laugh hysterically and then ground me until I actually turned 19.
                Yeah, now imagine that in a family of literalists who know where the nearest wooded area is and own a shovel.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Oh.My.God.

Total parenting fail.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X