This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more WTF than sucky

Ok, so every saturday night for the last three weeks I've taken a call at roughly 11:30 from what sounds like the same person each time

me- (hotel) this is smileyeagle speaking, how may I help you
    sc- yes, is (gm) there?
    me- no I'm sorry, she's not, can I take a message?
    sc- ok, is (am) there?
    me- no, sorry.
    sc- well who's running the shuttle
    now this is just starting to get insulting when he thinks the shuttle driver will be better able to help him than me... unless of course he is calling to have the shuttle driver pick him up, but I doubt that would start with is (gm) available
    me- T is, but he's on a run to the airport right now
    sc- is (guy who quit before I even started) coming in tonight?
    me- no, he isn't
    sc- well who the hell is there right now
    me- umm, that would be me...
    sc- *click*

honestly, I don't know whether to be irritated or amused... this has happened every week for 3 weeks now... you'd think by now the person would get the idea that the GM and AM don't do grave shifts on saturdays... or more accurately, they don't do Saturdays...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Maybe it's some old employee having some fun with you? Otherwise, that is pretty weird.
    "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

He still could be checking on a shuttle. Doesn't matter the type of job, I'd get calls asking to speak with the sales manger (instead of customer service) or the GM, or the president, etc... Why? So they can check the status of their order. In my current job, customer service can do this most quickly, because we're most familar with the system. We're just not important enough, I guess.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I never understand the point of asking for a manager for a standard question/transaction. I've had customers ask for the manager, and when I asked why, they just had a simple return. To which I'd say, "I can take care of that for you." I suppose in the past they've had to wait for a supervisor for a return, but I don't just assume that the person on the register can't handle a return.

If I call/visit a business, I tell them what I need, and trust that they will transfer me to the correct person if they can't handle whatever it is that I need.
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Don't you work the Night Audit shift? Why are they even calling that late anyways?! Tell them to call back during the day!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Don't you work the Night Audit shift? Why are they even calling that late anyways?! Tell them to call back during the day!
            EQ, I think you are forgetting the second rule of Customers Suck (the first being never drink while reading GK's posts )
            CS.com rule number 2- when it comes to SCs, if it makes sense, it isn't allowed.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
            X