This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an SC story....then not one?

ok I was working closing last night and it was fairly dead for a friday night. I've been doing most of the running around while my HOT co worker works register.

I'm temporarily done with shelving movies, and walk back to my register to see a middle aged man standing at the counter. Not seeing my co worker I smile and walk up and appologize for the wait, ask his information, and begin to ring him up.

Me:
    SC: (was nice at first...)

Me: Alright your total is $xx.xx...

SC: Wait a minute...these are supposed to be buy 2 get 2 free! Which should make the total $xx.xx (about $10 difference)

Me: ~check my screen and sees that I forgot to put in the cupon code~ My appologies sir, I forgot to take off the cupon. ~he just grumbles, but accepts this once I say that I just started...~

Me: Alright...your correct total is $xx.xx...

SC: Wait a minute...That sign says that all those movies are $5.99...that ALL the movies in that rack are $5.99!

Me: ~double checks the movies, and notes that one movie was priced $9.99~ Sir, the offer allows for the 2 lowest priced movies to be taken off for free.

SC: but that sign CLEARLY states that ALL movies in that bin are $5.99! THats false advertising! You know what...just forget it just ring me up for that rental and be done with it!

Me: I do appologize for that sir, sometimes people move the movies around to different bins and the prices get mixed up.

SC: Don't get all high and mighty on me little girl! just void off those damn movies, and ring me up for the rental!

Me: You're total is $x.xx...and due back on wednesday.

SC: WHAT DO YOU MEAN WEDNESDAY!!! ITS ALWAYS BEEN 7 DAY RENTAL!

(note: JUST this week we changed from 7 day rentals, to 5 day rentals...corporate office said that or they would raise the prices. Most people have been understanding and not really upset once they hear.)

Me: Sir, I'm sorry, but the policy just changed. It was either raise the prices, or go to 5 day rentals.

SC: This store is a fucking rip off! I'm never coming back!

ME: (thinking: yep and when that movie is due, I hope I'm the one that has to call you to bring it back....call me a little girl will you?!) Thank you sir and have a good night!! (asshole...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now heres the one thats not even remotely sucky...but could of been.

As I said, we had a slow night and we have someone coming from the BIG office due any day now for a monthly inspection. So that means above and beyond extra cleaning. Well its 15 minutes to closing and this rather large group of about 8 people come in...my coworker and I look at each other and think..."oh god...another late night..."

They spend alot of time browsing around the store, when my co worker politely informs them that we are closing everything down in about 5 minutes.

2 minutes before closing they bring their movies up....and actually APPOLOGIZE...they didn't realize it was so late, and didn't think it would take so long to find the movies they wanted...it was a perfect sale...they bought snacks and drinks, which upped his numbers, paid with cash, and left...RIGHT at 11pm...when we close.

I was absolutely convinced that they would stay well beyond the closing time...but I guess people can suprise you every now and then...ALMOST starts to revive my long long long long long dead faith in humanity.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I think one difference here is that you're allowed to tell the customer you're closing. I hate hate hate that some businesses won't allow this practice in case, heaven forbid, they receive the Almighty Complaint.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Ooh, the fabric store allowed an announcement. I tended to have a bit of fun with it when I was with teh fun floor supervisor. The straight-laced one wouldn't even let me do it.

The clothing store is THe Customer Is Always..... (late, annoying stupid, pick one).

Comment

After the comment where he called you little girl and said just void the damn movies I would have asked him to leave. But thats just me.

You have far more patience than I do when dealing with customers face to face.

Comment

Now I actually want to go to work tomorrow and see if all our movies have been changed from 7 to 5 nights to see if we work in the same place.

I hate it when people don't understand that other customers just randomly drop products! If it's in a bin marked 5.99, and it's got a sticker on it for 19.99, and there aren't any others in the bin, it's most likely not 5.99!

Comment

I will never understand companies that don't allow you to let the customers know that you're closing. There is a polite way to do it. If people have a problem with it, screw 'em.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              After the comment where he called you little girl and said just void the damn movies I would have asked him to leave. But thats just me.
              I agree with that. Calling you a "little girl" is way over the line. Kick his ass out I say. What a jerk.
              It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

karma is bad enough NOt in my favor right now...i tend to kill people with kindness. Pisses them off more and they can't do anything. Sides if he raised ANY complaint with my super awsome manager my co worker will back me up, he did when the guy started raising hell on me.

Now I actually want to go to work tomorrow and see if all our movies have been changed from 7 to 5 nights to see if we work in the same place.
                I sent you a message lightmylamb over private message, telling you where I work...just to see if we work for the same company.
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post

I sent you a message lightmylamb over private message, telling you where I work...just to see if we work for the same company.
                  Sweet, now we can share horror stories from the different branches!

Comment

Working...
                  X