Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for reference, it was a 15% tip (close to 16, but barely).

20/128=0.15625 (I only mention this cuz I worked it out as a way to keep my math skills from completely dying on me )

But for wait staff attitude and apathy toward complaints, a $5 or $10 might have sufficed, a penny would have been spiteful.
    Although I'm finding it hard to carry $5s or $10s lately, with ATMs giving only $20s and my rampant use of Interac (Canadian debit) cards, its difficult to have small bills on me.
    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

The thing is, if you go out to eat and stiff your server, they actually end up paying out of their own pocket for your table. Most places do a "tip-out", which is where the server gives a percentage of their sales (not tips) to the bussers, hosts, expo, bar, what have you. In my place the tipout is 3% of sales to the bussers and bar. Tipping expo is not required, but encouraged.

If the service is really that bad, maybe that is justified. Please, though, ask yourself if it is.
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Disclaimer: I come from England.

If I go out to eat, and a waiter or waitress is rude, lazy or snippy, then I will not leave them a tip. Where is the spur for them to smarten up their act, if everyone rewards them regardless of the service they give? If they can not be polite and serve their tables well, then they are in the wrong job. I will also tell the restaurant manager so they can have a word with the offender.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X