This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I dunno Ma'am/Sir. I'm colour blind."

I have only had to say this once but the look on the asswipe's face was nice.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post

On the other hand, there ARE parts of New Jersey you shouldn't step foot in if you're white, since you're likely to be shot...but I'm happy to say that most of New Jersey isn't dominated by either group of racists.
      Hey, proud white resident of Trenton baby! May not live in inner city, but everyone goes to the same H-town movie theater around here. Haven't been shot yet, but almost got into a fight with five people of a certain other darker-skinned race who decided to gang up on me at the movie theater for being white and telling them to be quiet because I paid 10 dollars for a theater ticket.

Comment

There are no words of hatred towards the racist that I can say that have not already been said by others... but I did have a similar experience at work today.

ME: The one writing this... hello
        SC: Another ignoramus

ME: Hello. is this "Phil"?
        SC: Yes it is.
        ME: HI there. This is JamesTheWolf, and I'm calling because we have a brand new offer going on at one of our resorts in...
        SC: Are you a Jew?
        Me: ... I'm sorry sir, I don't think that's relevant to the offer I am trying to give you.
        SC: I Ain't taking no offer from no Jew Bastard salesman
        Me: *SLAMS down phone so hard and fast I think I broke the sound barrier*

this was in Maryland, not new jersey... and not quite as merry as the name would sound.

I had to share. it's been eating at me for the past few hours. I had to take a walk afterwards. I'm not jewish, but it doesn't matter. there is no excuse for racism, either religious or by skin color as your idiot was, eagle.

... plus, nowhere in Jersey is even remotely tolerable.

Comment

Wow, I guess I visit the WRONG parts of NJ then. My cousins and my grandparents live just outside Atlantic City, and I always enjoy visiting them.

And as far as Maryland goes....I live there/here and have for the last 7 years and GENERALLY don't have too many complaints. I love the harbour down in Annapolis (not that I can afford to live there), and I can't imagine moving anywhere else now.

The way I see it, there are other parts of the world that are so much worse (and I've lived in a few of them). Even with gang violence, crime, and the occasional racist, the worst parts of the USA are still orders of magnitude better than aforementioned "other places" in the world.

A lot of Americans either never develop or have lost that perspective.

Comment

Most of NJ is fine- well, except for the taxes I've heard that South Toms River isn't that great an area, but I can't prove or disprove that. We do get what seems like more than our share of jerks running around here sometimes. Although, I live really close to the Six Flags, so I probably deal with tourists (and locals who are driven crazy by tourists). Can't really say how many are Jersians. Hmm... I think I had a point when I started this.
            NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

I'll tolerate anything except intolerance. (Witty, no?) Which is why I limit my time around my racist, homophobic BIL. *sigh*

I live in a very..VERY racially divided city, and I can't wait to move out of it. (Back in the days of segregation, a street divided the 'white' and 'black' areas of town. That division, more or less, still stands.) Between that, drugs, and gang violence...well, lets just say I don't watch the news.

Quiet, midwestern city my ass....sheesh.
              Last edited by AdminAssistant; 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM. Reason: clarification
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post
                Most of NJ is fine- well, except for the taxes I've heard that South Toms River isn't that great an area, but I can't prove or disprove that. We do get what seems like more than our share of jerks running around here sometimes. Although, I live really close to the Six Flags, so I probably deal with tourists (and locals who are driven crazy by tourists). Can't really say how many are Jersians. Hmm... I think I had a point when I started this.
                I was born in Atlantic City, does that make me an honorary non-benny? I don't think Trenton counts as Benny territory. :P

Comment

Around here we have the white trash hickabilly kids who drive around in beat-up pickup trucks with Confederate flag stickers or real Confederate flags hanging off the back. They hate on blacks mexicans, Hmong, anybody who isn't white , try to pick fights with them, and usually lose.

One time we were taking a break outside the store and saw some kids roll up in a 1970s Ford Pickup (I know what they look like, because my dad had one, before it caught fire) with two large Confederate flags waving in the breeze. They must have been mounted in the bed somehow.

After they parked, they took the flags down and stowed them flat inside the pickup bed. When they returned from their shopping, they put the flags back up and then drove off.

I feel sorry for such ignorant people.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

....I have a confederate flag. But as I said in a previous post. "I'm colour blind." So what does that say about me?
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Damn, smiley......I probably would've hung up on that SC's ass. Racist people suck.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        ....I have a confederate flag. But as I said in a previous post. "I'm colour blind." So what does that say about me?
                        My dad used to have one too. He hung it in the basement. My mom hated it and made him throw it away.

But up here, when you see confederate flags, it's these hillbilly racist kids flying them. People in other areas with those flags must not be into the "good ol' boy" stereotype as much as the ones up here.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          But up here, when you see confederate flags, it's these hillbilly racist kids flying them. People in other areas with those flags must not be into the "good ol' boy" stereotype as much as the ones up here.
                          Ok... I feel the need to explain this as it was explained to me. I moved from DC to Baltimore to middle of nowhere Appalachian Mountains, Virginia. Black population: 0 (1: in the summer) But as they explained to me the flag has nothing to with racism, most places in the south it about good old south culture. (And this was where he turned to me) And lets face it none of us could have ever been able to afford slaves. And what the hell would we have done with them?

Comment

That was kinda my point: Down south the Confederate flag is a cultural symbol and people there are familiar with the history behind it.

Up here, it seems to just be something you slap on a vehicle to appear "country", and many of the people displaying them seem to have problems with people of different races.

I'm sorry if I implied that Confederate flag=racist, ignorant hillbilly. That wasn't my intent.

Comment

To many Southerners, the Confederate flag is a symbol of states' rights.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                                I'll tolerate anything except intolerance. (Witty, no?) Which is why I limit my time around my racist, homophobic BIL. *sigh*
                                I find it somewhat sad that I began to tolerate even intolerance, to some extent. I think I like people too much. And I think I'm beginning to hate that.
                                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                                X