X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversized images and WIMG feature

Re: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=68897

I suspect the reason the WIMG feature isn't being used much is that most people don't use the BBScript code directly, but instead use the "insert image" button in the message editor. I'd like to suggest you add a checkbox to the "insert image" dialog labeled "reduced size" which, when selected, produces a WIMG rather than an IMG.

Oversized images are a very rare occasion - maybe once a year? Putting in that sort of coding effort is disproportionate to the issue at hand, I fear. I can see where you're coming from, and thanks for the thought, but it's impractical.

Rapscallion

Comment

The auto option is a good one, but as Raps has said, it isn't practical for the amount of use it would get.
      Oversized images aren't a huge issue, but they do come up from time to time.
      I only bump the reminder thread when I think there may be new people who aren't aware of it, or think that our other members might have forgotten.
      (Even I forget about the feature once in a while.)

If you know the image is going to be huge, you do have a few options.
      Resize the image yourself before you post, or add the image, and then go in and edit your post to add the "W" to the image tag.
      It's a few extra seconds or so of extra time, but the members using smaller screens will thank you.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Is there any way to have WIMG keep the proportions of the image? The full-size cat picture in this thread is wider than it is tall, but the resized image is taller than it is wide - changing the proportions makes things look weird. Also, this must make me look old, but I didn't think 1024x768 was a smaller screen.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Not really that I know of, not without the same issue as above. Sorry.

Rapscallion

Comment

Clicking on the image brings it back to the correct proportion on the screen.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X