This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum base suggestions

Howdy. I have a couple of suggestions on the forum operation and layout, both minor.

(1) for multi-page topics, could you please make the "prev page" and "next page" links larger and easier to hit? They are likely the most used, but are only single character in size and smaller than the "first" and "last" links.

(2) This one might be more difficult to code... when in a view where sub-forums are visible, and there are new posts in a sub-forum, the current behavior is to also indicate new posts exist in the parent forum, even if there may not be any. Example: When viewing "The Heart of the Site", both "Unsupportable" and "Tech Help" are directly visible in the list. If Tech Help has new messages, it lights the New Posts indicator next to it; it also causes the indicator next to Unsupportable to light up, even if there aren't any new posts directly in that forum.

1) I am reasonably certain that that it an aspect of the forum skin. We're still looking at replacing the current skin, as it's no longer fully compatible with vBulletin.

2) The problem I see with that is that if it *doesn't* light up, then you would have to manually check the sub-forums for new posts. I do see your point though, as I sometimes forget to look at the subforum when checking for new posts.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      1)2) The problem I see with that is that if it *doesn't* light up, then you would have to manually check the sub-forums for new posts. I do see your point though, as I sometimes forget to look at the subforum when checking for new posts.
      I'm only talking about cases where the subforum is already visible, such as when browsing "The Heart of the Site". In this case, in the example, both "Unsupportable" and "Tech Help" are visible in the list. This means I don't have to check the forum "Unsupportable" for posts if only "Tech Help" is hilighted.

Alternatively, if you're looking at the root forum list, "Tech Help" isn't visible and you'd likely want to light up "Unsupportable" to point people that way.

Edit: Maybe I should be more specific about the view... http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Edit 2: Regarding (1), I bet I could change the links in about 30 seconds.
      Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 11-22-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X