This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etiquette question

A few times recently, I've seen what looked like a slip-up by a poster (from context, the opposite of what it looked like they meant to say, or the non-obfuscated form of a name being used for one instance). If I accidentally did something like that, I'd appreciate being informed so I could edit my post to fix it.

What is the generally-accepted CS etiquette in a case like this:

1) Ignore it (if it's a mistake, it stays around for everyone to see)
    2) Send a PM alerting them to a possible typo (nobody else sees the alert, avoids potential embarrassment)
    3) Reply, alerting them to a possible typo (everyone sees the alert, high potential for embarrassment)

For the 2 cases I've seen recently, I took option #2 (the one I'd prefer if I made such a mistake), although in one case I later saw that someone else had taken option #3.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Interesting question. If it's really serious, I guess you could reply and ask for clarification. If it's minor, I'd not bother so much.

If you'd appreciate that sort of query for clarification, feel free to put something to that effect in your signature.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'll PM them in the case of a non obfuscated name, if it's obvious that was a slip.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I prefer PM. I slipped up in the formatting of my Chatting with Lupo thread (left a name in, missed some bolds) and she alerted me so I could fix it before people started quoting it or, really, noticing at all.

Comment

Working...
        X