This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    This comment brought to mind something else ... who here has watched the original trilogy of Star Wars? And who here remembers the Empire's clone troops ... who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn ... even if the barn wasn't moving? And yet these were supposed to be the Empire's crack team of ... something or other.
    Someone made a joke about that and the "Red Shirt Rip" trope from the original Star Trek.

If an Imperial Storm Trooper shot at a red shirt, he would miss every shot he took. The red shirt would still die, however.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I did that with the movie Volcano. I rooted for the volcano. I also rooted for the dinosaurs in the Jurassic Park movies.
      Oh I would of thrown all of them starting with the daughter in the lava.

didn't help they came out about the same time
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        Meh, too easy. For me it's watching things like CSI or NCIS and nit-picking procedure, "hacking" or science theory. Not that I'm anything other than a rank amateur, but even I know better than 2 people, 1 keyboard...!
        Or another example, take the show "House MD"...in season one, House's character was established as someone who was a chronic pain patient who NEEDED his Vicodin to be able to function (and we're talking NERVE PAIN here folks). Yet later on down the line, circa Season 6 all the sudden he can get by on OTC ibuprofen?? I DON'T THINK SO

nerve pain CANNOT be managed with otc ibuprofen, especially nerve pain as severe as his was established to be

Comment

You mean those same troopers who, in the opening scenes of the first movie (A New Hope), hit everything they shot at when boarding the blockade runner?
          These are the ones that herd the heroes to their escape, which has tracking devices planted aboard?
          ludo ergo sum

Comment

I did that with the movie Volcano. I rooted for the volcano. I also rooted for the dinosaurs in the Jurassic Park movies.
            I was looking on YouTube for "your" movie but found instead something called "Magma Volcanic Disaster" in which a giant comet slams into earth setting off a chain of volcanic eruptions. "Especially North America and Central Europe are laid to waste by numerous earthquakes, storm surges, and magma streams. Only a simultaneous detonation of several atomic bombs near the earths core could stop the activity." (Any grammar, punctuation errors are theirs, not mine.)

This sounds like a little gem ...

P.S. Someone in the comments says "Dante peak is the best volcano movie"

P.S. #2 Oops. Four or five people just got flash-fried in lava ...

P.S. #3 "Operation Heal the Earth" ???
            Last edited by Pixelated; 11-20-2018, 12:00 AM.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              I was looking on YouTube for "your" movie but found instead something called "Magma Volcanic Disaster" in which a giant comet slams into earth setting off a chain of volcanic eruptions. ...
              I did a search on Youtube for "volcano movie" and the first two items were the movie I referenced.

Another fun volcano movie is "Joe vs the Volcano."
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X