Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else having trouble with YouTube?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else having trouble with YouTube?

Okay, it's Saturday, Sept. 15, and this started last night ... I suddenly cannot access YouTube at all. The little indicator just spins and spins and spins ...

Nothing else is a problem (obviously, since I'm here ... ) -- no Book of Faces, not Gmail, nothing.

On the bright side, I finally figured out how to access iTunes on my new computer and got to listen to nice classical music for several hours ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

It can be a glitch on one of the routes going to your ISP. Consider submitting a complaint about it. Don't be shy about it, it can be outside of their network, and complaints are needed in order to get things traced to where they can be repaired.

Comment

Not quite the same but we had an issue for a few days where we could hear audio but not see any video. It was only on the Roku though, it worked fine on the computer or phone. And it seems to have resoly now.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        It can be a glitch on one of the routes going to your ISP. Consider submitting a complaint about it. Don't be shy about it, it can be outside of their network, and complaints are needed in order to get things traced to where they can be repaired.
        Problem is, I can't even get on the site in order TO submit a complaint ...

I'm looking at this site and there appears to be quite a number of people who either can't access it properly ... or at all.

Okay, it's absolutely problem-free on my iPad. Must be something to do with my desktop ...
        Last edited by Pixelated; 09-15-2018, 08:22 PM.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I've had weird issues with youtube working on anything but my Chrome browser. Sometimes the video will stop, but the sound keeps going. Other times it will show that the video is playing, but I just have a black box. Funny how none of that happens on the software made by the owners of youtube.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
            ... Funny how ...
            YT isn't done until IE doesn't run...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Semi-relevant thread still on the front page, figure I'll take a stab at it. So, YT is throwing more of the 'your browser doesn't recognize any of the formats' errors at me these days, even on videos that I successfully watched even a couple weeks ago. This happening to anyone else?

The only thing I can figure is it's because my Flash plugin is out of date, despite the fact the YT no longer uses Flash. That's a whole other ball of fish though, I'm having problems updating it.
              Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
              They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

For me, YouTube had been slower than molasses for the last few weeks, but after my Windows update tonight it's back to normal.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I do occasionally. I was just watching a live stream when my screen went black. But I know for a fact my issues are because of Chrome. It doesn't play well with YT.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    For me, YouTube had been slower than molasses for the last few weeks, but after my Windows update tonight it's back to normal.
                    Their last layout update did that to me. Utterly screwed with playlist displays too, though that may (again) be a function of my antiquated platform. It was actually so bad that I went and found a Firefox addon to restore the old layout.

All these years in tech support have made me a horrible end user. I just want my stuff to work the way it did last time, is that too much to ask for?
                    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
                      ... I just want my stuff to work the way it did last time, is that too much to ask for?
                      Well, when our last time was TRSDOS & Scripsit...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                      X