Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my old cell phone I use to get collection calls for some guy. Or I think they were collection calls... Which means it was a good collection agency in that they didn't discuss any personal information and just asked for "so and so". I'd get a couple of calls every few days and then it'd stop for a few months. Then finally it stopped altogether. They were polite though.

This new cell... I started getting text messages so I sent one back saying "this is my new cell and that whomever isn't at this number" or something like that. it pretty much stopped aside from a random call once in a while.

Comment

I've had the same cell phone number for about 5 years, and I still occasionally get messages for a "Rob" or a "Patty." (Not from the same people.) The only time that I ever called the number back was when the lady who left the message for "Patty" said she was worried that she hadn't heard from her.

I've had the same landline phone number for, oh, 14 years, and last month I got a collection call for some woman whose name I don't recall. It certainly wasn't me or any of the various boarders we've had over the years. Really weird.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

no guys best ive heard is " heh good luck"

Comment

Many moons ago there was a wrong number from a teenage boy, and as luck would have I had the same first name as the girl he was looking for. Many calls later I finally managed to convince I wasn't the "Mary" he was looking, but not before he had given my number to another teenage girl who proceeded to call me up and tell me I was whore for stealing her boyfriend.

The same number was also very close to the number of a doctor's office, so there were always little old ladies calling and asking for the doctor. I'd tell them they had the wrong number, they'd thank me and hang up....and promptly call the number again and ask for the doctor. *le sigh*
          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Wow I'm lucky I guess....I've had the same land line number for almost 9 years and very rarely get a wrong number on it. I've had the same cell phone number for 16 years and never get a wrong number on that either.

Yeah cell number 16 years...I am NEVER changing it
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

My best "wrong number" story was some woman calling my landline number and leaving a message about needing to talk to a manager regarding her account. She made no mention of what the issue might be, or what sort of business she thought she was calling, just left her account number and the phone number where she could be reached. (if she'd called again, I intended to return the call to let her know she had the wrong number, but I never heard from her after that)

Comment

I think I've got the best one yet. Had a chick who wasn't paying attention (or so I assume) and she sent me naked pictures of herself! First pic freaked me out cause I was at work and not expecting to see a naked chick on my phone. So I politely texted her back said she may want to pay a bit more attention who she's sending naked pictures of herself to.

10 minutes later I get another naked picture. *faceplam* Thankfully I didn't get anymore afterthat. Still though she was lucky I wasn't some old man pervert, or worse yet decided to post her photos all over the internet!

And no pics or it didn't happen, I deleted them.
                "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Comment

I get wrong number calls on my cell, quite often. The weird thing is? They always start with "Hey Mark (my first name), about that thing we were talking about." Either I have a split personality that has the same name and gives out my number, or something much more logical is occurring.

Comment

I got a weird wrong number the other day on the road trip home. During a pit stop at a grocery store up the Keys, my cell goes off. It was a number I didn't recognize, but it was the local Keys area code, so I answered it. The call went something like this.

JESTER: "Yello."
                    CALLER: "Who's this?"
                    JESTER: "This is Jester. You called me Who's this?"
                    CALLER: "Meh." *click*

No apology, no "whoops!", just an annoyed grunt and a hangup. Well, genius, YOU called ME. So fuck off. Douche.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I do, however, get wrong doors. Last week some kids came to my door and tried to unlock it with a key that didn't work. They were mortified when I opened to door.
                    I have walked into the wrong apartment before.....was heading to a friend's place, a good friend where they have no problem with me just walking in their front door (hell, I have a key to the place), and I walked in, and for a split second wondered why everything looked different....and then realized I had the right apartment but the wrong floor. Whoops! Closed the door quickly and booked it out of there, and up one more flight of stairs to the right place.

Quoth Rosakala View Post
                    I think I've got the best one yet. Had a chick who wasn't paying attention (or so I assume) and she sent me naked pictures of herself!
                    A while back, while I was working downstairs and a female coworker was working upstairs, I got a text from her on my cell basically saying she was feeling frisky and looking forward to getting lucky later. I texted her back asking her if she realized she had sent that to ME. Nope. She had meant to send that to her boyfriend. And after she told me not to tell anyone (too late!), she ended up telling everyone herself....because, frankly, it was hilarious.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

When I had a personal greeting on my voicemail for my old phone, that would happen to me too. My voicemail would say "Hey, this is blas, I'm not here right now" or whatever, and I'd get a voicemail like "Hey Drew, this is Mr. Fuckstain from the zipper factory" (Drew* would be my dad).
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X