This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm to digital conversion - wish me luck

I just started it with a screen I borrowed from work. If this works out I may do this more often, tons of 8mm films on eBay.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Exactly how are you doing this?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have a telecine set but it works like crap (you shine the projector into one side, the camcorder into the other). I found out the best way available to me is the easiest.

Project the movie onto a screen - as if you were going to watch it. Set up the camcorder to record the screen. Start the record, start the movie, then a program like Adobe's premier elements to do some cutting and editing and you're set!

Edit: Some pics:

The original Rin Tin Tin:

Nanette 2:

Both of them:
      Last edited by draggar; 05-21-2011, 09:33 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Good luck! I'll be interested to see if any speed issues (Flickering/refresh rates) come up!
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

A little flickering on occasion but other than that it looks OK.

I did have some issues, though:

The Flip's battery died about 2/3 of the way though reel 2. I had to switch to the other flip (lower quality).

Adobe's Premier Elements 3 won't handle MP4 files so I either have to convert it or use the older one and reshoot the first two reels with the older one.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
          X