X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fining a Bible quote

My Google-fu is weak

There is a quote about not trying to convert people that I'm trying to remember. Help?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Try this:

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksea...qs_version=NIV
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Please remember to take it in context. After all, the Bible (and other texts, holy ones especially) has been used to justify everything from slavery to sucky customers' actions.
      My own belief is that God changes the person first, then they can receive whatever God needs to give them-- preaching or otherwise. So no proselytizing from me.
      EDIT: bible gateway is awesome, especially from a linguistics and historical perspective.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Just a reminder to keep discussion to suggestions of the Bible quote that Parrothead is looking for, and not a discussion of the quote itself.
        That's why fratching exists.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I am honestly confused, I don't believe the quote you want exists, since Matthew 28:19-20 (New International Version) says:

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

About the only thing I can think you may mean is this passage: Matthew 7:6 (New International Version)

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. "

Comment

It might be in the old testament?
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
            X