This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong. Number!

If this guy calls again, I may just answer this time and probably not be very nice about it.

I was sleeping yesterday evening, and I got two missed phone calls and voicemails, from a local cell phone number.

Now, I really won't get pissed about the fact that I was sleeping, because it's not up to everyone to know my sleep schedule. It's just the fact that this guy called AGAIN, and left another voicemail, and this whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

The first missed voicemail was at about 7:30. It said "Hi Amanda, this is Mason....I got your directions, but I'm a little lost, hehehehe, um......yeah, if you could give me a call back at xxx-xxxx, thanks!"

(I feel kind of bad for this guy. He sounded like a 14 year old girl)

Then at about 8:45 was the second one. "Hey again Amanda......um, I picked up that TV for you......but I was wondering.......was it supposed to come with a remote?"

Only to me would this kind of thing happen. What the hell.

And you would think if this guy knew who Amanda was well enough, he'd have her number saved so he wasn't always blindly dialing. Or maybe Amanda wants nothing to do with him and gave him a number similar to hers and it just happens to be mine. Who knows.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

This was happening me all last summer. Someone had miscopied a phone number and inverted two of the numbers. The result was my getting calls every morning from people looking for Lobsters. I even happened when I was on vacation, which landed me long distance chargers.

My advice is to change your voicemail message so that there is no doubt this is YOUR number and no Amanda.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Yeah, that's part of my problem, my voicemail is pretty generic....it's automated and just says "The number you have reached xxx-xxxx is not available right now".....I gotta play with that and try to customize it.

Comment

My voice mail only says my name I wish I could make it say a message. I envy people that can have messages. It would says something along the lines of "You are calling Hawaii, so if you are calling before 5pm central time I probably won't be awake to take your call. Leave a detailed message." I keep getting calls from the mainland with "This is xx from place I've never heard of and is always closed by the time I wake up, call us back its important." Yeah right. Important. Bill collector I bet.

Comment

Apparently, my only choices are the generic automated one and the type where I can "insert" my name. I don't think that would help with the clueless type like the guy who was the reason I made this post.

Comment

Well that sucks Blas. My voicemail message says "You've reached Hina's phone. I can't take your call right now because I'm Out fighting the Forces of Evil....or take a nap. Leave a message and I'll get back to you." ©

I still got voicemail about those damned Lobsters last summer.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I used to have a phone number that has used to be an auto repair shop's number.

Then they changed it when they changed ownership, then I got it. I was getting calls at all hours every day wondering if the store is open, how much is an oil change, can I fix your fucktartmobile.

I changed my message to say "Hi! You have reached 555-555-1212. If you are calling about car repairs, you have CALLED THE WRONG NUMBER. If you are NOT calling about car repairs, please leave a message."

SC's never listen. I wish I had kept all the ranting messages about how Company X never answers the phone, how shitty the repairs to their fucktardmobile were, etc....

Though one day I was able to revenge on a frequent flyer who hadn't figured out a phone number.......

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

My voicemail says, "You have reached a number. It is the wrong number. Do not call this number again."

Comment

A few years ago I started getting calls from a rehab clinic for "Charles". They were automated calls reminding Charles of his appointment times, so I couldn't call anyone back to tell them they had the wrong number. The clinic at all hours of the day and night. Needless to say, it got a tad bit annoying.

Finally a real live human called for Charles. Unfortunately, she called at some ridiculously early hour while I was still half-asleep and just a tad bit cranky and sick to death of the phone calls. I rather curtly told her that there was no Charles here, this was MY number and not his number, and STOP CALLING!! I think I scared the poor woman on the other end of the line.

On the bright side, the calls stopped after that.
                  I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Before I went from my Samsung phone to my shiney new iPhone 4, I would get collection calls for 2 different people (I can't remember the names they asked for, but they were male names nothing sounding like Mr. Rum's name neither, so we'll call them "Jeffrey" and "Bob"). Anyway, I kept telling the people at the other end that neither Jeffrey nor Bob had this number, to please stop calling. They'd stop for a week or two and then start up again! I let it go to voicemail. After a while, I think they were only calling my phone to hear my voicemail. I had Isaiah Mustafa as my voicemail voice. I think they liked the message and the voice. I have no clue. But as soon as I switched phones (keeping the exact same phone number), there have been no more calls!

Comment

when i was 16, 17, something like that, had my own land line (no cell) and one night i my phone rang at like 3 am, of course i answered it, i didn't want it to keep ringing
                      "christy?"
                      "uhh.. there's no chirsty here, you've got hte worng number"
                      "oh, so what are you doin(wearing?)?"
                      <click>

that is nothing compared to the Harold calls mom and dad got early in their relationship - they finally told the kids that kept calling after months of being told "There's no Harold here" that "we're so sorry, Harold passed away this morning" the kids never called again....

My current VM message is "You've reached Treasure's phone, leave a message"

and yes it really does say Treasure
                      Last edited by Treasure; 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM.
                      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

My voicemail says something to the effect of "You've reached Jester's phone, but I am sleeping, working, or doing one of a hundred other things that prevents me from answering. So leave a message to let me know why you called, and when I'm done doing whatever it is I'm doing, I'll get back to you." Or soemthing along those lines.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

I've had the same phone number for at least 6 or 7 years now. Not counting "customers" who call between thanksgiving and christmas at all hours asking about a sale (Really stopped when I took my phone number off my business cards.) I've had some funny wrong numbers. Right after I got my new number I kept getting calls for some lady named Susan who lived in Dallas...which is a 4 hour drive away plus a totally different area code. After a few months they stopped.

Now a couple of months ago I got a really weird text. "Hey so do I need 2 be there at the sonic or can he just put it behind a box 4 me?" Not two minutes later the same text comes through.

So I look up the number and it's on the total other side of town from me. On a hunch I look up my number and it apparently belongs to a lady near where this other number is.

Of course I'm thinking it's a drug deal and they've been sending the same message for ten minutes now. Then they started calling.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

had two instances of this.
                            when still in high school was lucky to get my own land line as i could pay for it.
                            unfortunately I got someone else's old number who apparently owed said phone company alot of money. And I had the voicemail set up too yet when ever these people called I was at school or my job so of course by the time I would get home their office was closed. One day on a weekday off and half a day of school I managed to be home and take said call. politely told the people that this was a land line in my name, and the this was the number I was given when I got this phone and in no way was this guy here or had he ever been. Sorry he hasn't paid his bill but seriously please STOP CALLING! I'd changed my voicemail 3 times in one month to politely point out I was not this guy they were looking for.

Second instance of when I moved in with my now hubs the phone number they had before we changed it was one number off from, a dr's office, a number off from mike dodge/car dealer ship and one number off from a dentist office.
                            at least once or twice a week we get voicemails from people calling about it. at worst one customer/lady did not want to believe she had the wrong number...heh i finally said picked it up and said if this was a business we would not have such an informal voivemail NOR would I have answered hello or (family name) residence would I? she never called back after that. and the worst we have had is one or two telemarketers before the number was added to the DNC list

Comment

Wow. I never get wrong numbers. I've had my phone number for at least 5 years. I do, however, get wrong doors. Last week some kids came to my door and tried to unlock it with a key that didn't work. They were mortified when I opened to door.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X