This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision

Just thought I'd put this out there. I haven't watched a lot of it-going to slowly go through it on Youtube over the next couple of days and watch some of the acts.

Those who watched it-what acts did you like, what acts did you not like?

I'll leave it open.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

My g/f wanted to watch, so it was watched in my house. No songs really grabbed me, but I wanted the crazy smurfs and the unicycling fairy to win.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I love it. France actually surprised me by being good this year. As in actual, real, quality music, and not just bland pop.

Gotta give props to Moldova though, theirs was completely over the top, and that's what I like best about Eurovision, is the wild, out-there stuff. Gnome hat angel unicycle monocle ska, wooo!

I also liked Ireland (shoulderpads!) and Romania had something of an earworm, I keep finding myself humming it. Though I always have to roll my eyes a little at that sort of sappy, feel-good-save-the-world thing.

What was it with all the feel-good-save-the-world ballads this year anyhow? There were SEVEN of them, by my count, and I don't remember any at all last year.

The actual winning song was pretty much the exact opposite of to my taste. :P I guess somebody liked it, but not me!
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth spark View Post

What was it with all the feel-good-save-the-world ballads this year anyhow? There were SEVEN of them, by my count, and I don't remember any at all last year.
        Did the UK one fall into that category? That is the ONLY one I've seen so far and that's because someone mentioned it to me. And of course I had to go locate it sometime later XD (the song was "I Can" by Blue)

Who did the crazy smurfs and the unicycling fairy? Sounds Belgian

Comment

The smurf thing was Moldova. And was awesome.

And yeah, the UK had one of the ballads. I didn't much like the UK entry this year. It was like N'Synch only with chest hair. I'm not really a fan of the "bunch of singers running around trying to look dreamy" style of music, I prefer a group with an actual band; drums, guitars, all that.
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth spark View Post

And yeah, the UK had one of the ballads. I didn't much like the UK entry this year. It was like N'Synch only with chest hair. I'm not really a fan of the "bunch of singers running around trying to look dreamy" style of music, I prefer a group with an actual band; drums, guitars, all that.
            I'm pretty much the same with that sort of music-I can't stand hip-hop or rap for specifically that reason, but I don't mind the pop music for being on a bus or whatever.

Comment

Stopped watching the Eurovision after Ireland won seventy-bajillion times in a row. I'm all for national pride, but come on...

Comment

I've watched a few bits and pieces. I actually didn't care for the French entry, but then I *like* French pop. (Olivier Miller - c'est tres jolie, ne-c'est pas?) Ukraine was good, just because of the sand art. Sweden, Greece, and Ireland were very Of the clips I watched, I probably like Italy the best. Dude can play piano at least. I really don't see how Azerbaijan beat it.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Moldova is the one to beat, they destroyed the 2010 contest with their "Epic Sax" performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOJN9FJAw_s

Comment

Working...
                  X