Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered two of Tamora Pierces' young adult series- Song of the Lioness and The Immortals. Though it looks like I'm going to have to order more since she has written a few more books set in Tortall since I read Wolf-Speaker.

Any books you can recommend for kids is helpful. 80% of the library's children and teen books were written before 1960. The book catalogues J gave me are for adult/teens- I asked her why yesterday and she said she never ordered any kids books unless someone asked for it so she just threw away the catalogues. We don't have that many kids come in to the library. I think there were ten total last week. Hopefully that will change once the kids programs get started.

I found two copies of the same book in the kid's non-fiction section. It was about Egyptian Pharohs. One was marked for the 300s and the other was for the 900s. That left me a little . The 300 hadn't been checked out since 1986 and the last time the other was out was in 1965. I ended up tossing 900 in the freebie pile.

Comment

ABC shop, books, kids <-- hopefully that search result will give you some good ideas.

I wouldn't recommend necessarily purchasing from the ABC shop, since you're almost certainly not in Aussieland! But their buyers (and their publishing arm) seem to do an excellent job. It won't hurt to check it out.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
        , Naked Heat & Heat Wave by Richard Castle
        Read both and loved them. I like that they're breaking the fourth wall with those.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
          I ordered two of Tamora Pierces' young adult series- Song of the Lioness and The Immortals. Though it looks like I'm going to have to order more since she has written a few more books set in Tortall since I read Wolf-Speaker.
          You know i love Tamora Pierce but of all her series the Immortals ones is my least favorite. Its disjointed from the other series, seems most preposterous and i don't even like the main characters. I prefer the Lioness, Lady Knight and the new Beka Cooper Series.

And her circle of magic books, but those age with the characters so the first series is adolesnts, the second teen and the new series shes slowly working on is very much adult, even melting stones had was more adult than i excepted it to be.

Comment

Working...
          X