This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, its definitely the weekend.

Coming to a cinema near you this weekend: sucktomers aplenty!

First of all was Mr. I've been sick but I won't inform any of the staff and just wait for someone to find it all when they clean.
    I have a fair idea of who this was, he came to the food counter complaining of stomach upset, did we know if there was a chemist nearby. No idea if this guy made it or not, but we did find his leavings...it hit me in the face like a putrid cloud of stank the second I opened the door to that screen and left us hunting around for the source for a good 20 minutes. By this time we had to cancel all other shows in that screen for the day because the smell was too bad to admit people.

Second came the twaturday complainers...

SC:"Why do we have to wait so long to go in??!

Me: "Because that auditorium is being cleaned right now

SC: "It shouldn't take this long!!!

No, you shouldn't turn up so early, expecting the last lot of twaturday idiots to have picked up after themselves. Unless of course you'd like to sit in all of their mess? No? Didn't think so. Are you going to clean up after yourselves? Didn't think so either...And the cycle repeats.

Thirdly was the "I didn't read any of the signs so that's your fault" SC

Up she wanders with beleaguered looking hubby, all the way to one of the usher points and the following happens...

SC: Is this where I buy tickets?

Me: No, this is where some of the screens are, the box office is down stairs.

SC:*Amid lots of huffing and puffing* This place is RIDICULOUS!!! There is nothing to tell you where anything is!

Me: *Pleasantly pointing to the giant arrow sign that says "To box office and Kiosk.* "There are signs everywhere.

SC: Well they need to be more noticeable!

Me: *looks on bemused as she walks away...the signs are huge....And they light up.*

And last but by no means least...Little miss "the rules are for people and I am not people."

You exit the screens a different way to that which you go in, there are signs everywhere pointing the way. It's a simple concept that helps avoid chaos when 200 people are trying to queue in the place the other originally entered. It's been in place for years, but seemingly every day you get one customer who doesn't quite get it.

"But I just want to go to the toilet!" Cries little miss imperious.

Me: You can get to the toilet from the exit, it all leads back to the foyer.

LMI: But It will be quicker that way and I'm desperate!

Me: it won't be, there are people queuing outside so you'll have to go through them, it's quicker to go the other way.

LMI: But I need to go urgently!!!

So I watched, bewildered as she pushes past me only to get caught up in a crowd of 200 customers waiting to get in. What happened next is akin to a salmon trying to swim up stream, every so often you would see her head Bob up in the crowd as she attempted to see where she was in relation to the door. And likewise, every so often, an annoyed customer would be heard grumbling like a hungry grizzly bear when she nudged them to get by.

They never learn.

Maybe they should make a film about what happens in movie theaters.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Geeze Louise, I know there's a word for people that can read but just won't. Fairly sure it's a completely clean word as well, but I just can't remember it at this moment. I think that second customer fits that category at least.

As for a film of what all occurs I think that critics would pan such a movie harshly and insist that it's a completely unrealistic portrayal of such a venue.

Then again, what do critics know?

Comment

Quoth Ternasthebard View Post
        Geeze Louise, I know there's a word for people that can read but just won't. Fairly sure it's a completely clean word as well, but I just can't remember it at this moment. I think that second customer fits that category at least.
        Oh, I know this one! Aliterate. I don't know if there is a word which describes those who read one or two words, then fills in the rest with their imagination.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Oh, I know this one! Aliterate. I don't know if there is a word which describes those who read one or two words, then fills in the rest with their imagination.
          SC? EW?
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Ahhh, here I was confusing Aliterate with Alliterate. Probably is a really common mistake there.

As for your word, I believe it was the recently coined "Sucktomers".

Comment

Illiterate: can't read.
              Aliterate: won't read.
              Semi-literate: able to read to a small degree, but either has poor reading comprehension or can only read simple things.

I, for example, am semi-literate in French, fluently literate in English, and illiterate in other languages.

I can make out a French children's book, or other French writing targetted to the semi-literate, but reading things intended for adults requires a French-English dictionary, a French grammar text, and a great deal of work.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post
                So I watched, bewildered as she pushes past me only to get caught up in a crowd of 200 customers waiting to get in. What happened next is akin to a salmon trying to swim up stream, every so often you would see her head Bob up in the crowd as she attempted to see where she was in relation to the door.
                Of course, after swimming upstream, the salmon gets screwed and then dies.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Of course, after swimming upstream, the salmon gets screwed and then dies.
                  Or gets caught by a bear and eaten.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ternasthebard View Post
                    Then again, what do critics know?
                    There's one critic I read because I know I'll love any movie he hates. The more scathing and nit-picking he is, the sooner I try to see it.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post

Second came the twaturday complainers...

SC:"Why do we have to wait so long to go in??!

Me: "Because that auditorium is being cleaned right now

SC: "It shouldn't take this long!!!
                      (Hands over broom and dustpan) "Okay, then you can be part of the solution, or keep whining and be part of the problem. What's it gonna be?

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        There's one critic I read because I know I'll love any movie he hates. The more scathing and nit-picking he is, the sooner I try to see it.
                        So you also read the Washington Post? Anything their critics hate is bound to be a good movie.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                          (Hands over broom and dustpan) "Okay, then you can be part of the solution, or keep whining and be part of the problem. What's it gonna be?
                          Of course SCs can be part of the solution - all you need is enough of the right kind of solvent.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X