This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next bad review will likely be on my head

Long, busy Sunday shift today. And I can honestly say that my behaviour wasn't the best.

It's a hot day, and of course everyone will be thirsty. At around twelve thirty, the rush starts coming in. Things get hairy quickly, coz I'm only one of two people manning the bar and the manager keeps using us as seaters instead of making and sending out drinks.

Naturally, the orders start backing up and people are getting impatient. As the cherry on top, the people who ordered drinks "forgot" to order something else and I'm back in the cycle of running back and forth to fill out that last minute order. As the orders keep piling up from the back end, I lose my temper after around the fifth yoyo order.

WHen one table asked for another drink order after their first yoyo order, I can feel myself rolling my eyes and giving them a flat 'sure'. They even apologized, but geez is it that hard to order.

One table asked for water, then asked for a coke after I dropped them off. The coke order was at the back end of four big drink orders, so it took a while to get through them. AFter five minutes as I was passing their table they ask where the coke is, and I snap at them to wait.

I'm usually a tolerant person, but if you can't learn to order everything all at once, I just stop with the nice guy front altogether.

If the next review is about how bad the service was (and my manager showed me one once) it'll be on my head. Come on people, treat the staff with a bit of respect.

"I'm sorry if I was curt, but it merely distracted the customers from the poor service due to lack of staff. Hire more people, and it'll make me happier too!"

Comment

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
      The next bad review will likely be on my head
      Why would someone make a bad review about your head?

...oh. Oh.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
      X