Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth dalesys View Post
    FB post by my #3 son about his 9 year old son: "No, you may not take a bumblebee to school! Even if it is dead!"
    Update: I assumed it was J... It was his 4 year old sister (aka Sally Brown)!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Arg, competing fabric store to open and I was excited and then I looked at their website and boy, I cannot shop there. I thought it would be like... in the background... but it's in your face. Disappointing.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Ugh. I am THIS close to being able to at least stand my IKEA desk upright ... but I cannot get the segment that will hold the drawer to fit onto the desktop!

Methinks I'm going to have to call IKEA and make an appointment to have somebody come by and do it for me. *sigh*

Seriously ... I shoulda just bought a desk from Staples and been done with it.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Posted by a FB friend:

"We're nearing the end of the Ontario provincial election campaign. The parties are down to stealing each other's slogans.🤣"
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Story idea
            Genre: Dystopian
            Title: The Ambitious Trick

A young woman on the eve of her graduation from high school sees the walls of her city fall for the first time in a thousand years. On the run from Mongrels (a pack of wild dogs and humans infected with a mutated strain of rabies) she stumbles across a cave in the mountains where the holographic image of some stage magician from ancient times asks her to pick a card, any card.
            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
              Story idea
              Genre: Dystopian
              Title: The Ambitious Trick

A young woman on the eve of her graduation from high school sees the walls of her city fall for the first time in a thousand years. On the run from Mongrels (a pack of wild dogs and humans infected with a mutated strain of rabies) she stumbles across a cave in the mountains where the holographic image of some stage magician from ancient times asks her to pick a card, any card.
              That sounds like it was created by one of those automatic plot generators you can find online.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• So very very very tired. Not enough coffee in the world.

Power out at 2 AM. Meaning no CPAP. Meaning no effective sleep after that, and precious little before that.

And I have to be functional, sort of, somehow, today.
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                  That sounds like it was created by one of those automatic plot generators you can find online.
                  Nope, it was all my idea.
                  Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Nope, it was all my idea.
                    Ve haf a robot amung us!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                      Power out at 2 AM. Meaning no CPAP. Meaning no effective sleep after that, and precious little before that.
                      Been there. I am so used to it that I can't sleep without it. Been eyeing battery solution, but man, they are expensive. Finally got a generator. Still need to wire it in.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                        I was thinking it was a dream.

Comment

A young woman on the eve of her graduation from high school
                          the holographic image of some stage magician from ancient times
                          Together, they fight crime!
                          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Just got an email from [Nearbyville Animal Hospital] saying they will be closed this Saturday and clients should pick any needed meds or supplies before then.

I have never ever taken my cats to [Nearbyville Animal Hospital]. Nothing against them, I just picked someplace considerably closer.

I have, in fact, never HEARD of [Nearbyville Animal Hospital] before, at least not that I can think of.

~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              It took 39 years but I finally found a copy of the music I heard on the radio one night at work on the weekend death notice shift (3pm-11pm)
                              Are you not going to tell us what it is?

For many years, decades, I had a tune in my head Pretty decent for an earworm. I only found out what it was a few years ago. The tune is Kingdom Coming, a US Civil War tune. I figured I heard in a cartoon as a child and it stuck with me. That was long before Ken Burns used it in his Civil War series.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• https://imgur.com/gallery/q1Iy8JR

Watched the strangest movie last week, called "The Carrier".

There's a scene where two groups of people wrapped in plastic garbage bags go to war over cats.

I made a .gif of the start of that scene, it's the link.

Yes, the words in the gif are the words from the movie (but the Blu-ray didn't have subtitles).
                                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                                X