Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to ask...don't get pissy about it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask...don't get pissy about it.

My store is soliciting donations for a local disease foundation right now. It's not a bad deal, for a dollar donation you get a scratchcard with a chance to win cash, store gift cards or free items. The non-winning cash tickets can be mailed in for a chance at any unclaimed cash prizes at the end of the game (mom has a few that she plans to send in). At minimum you'll always get a dollar coupon for something. I've actually had customers give me their coupons if it's not something they buy; whether or not I can use it being an employee I'm not sure.

ASM is pushing people to get donations (I think there's some sort of contest about who can garner the most). I got a lot yesterday, but today everyone seemed to be in a bad mood and I'd get cut off, snapped at and one biddy tried to weasel out of paying for her whole order because she didn't think I should be 'begging' Luckily manager P was on duty and put a stop to that nonsense (I think a threat of prosecution for theft was mentioned).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Huh. Actually sounds like a decent way of running a fundraiser. Sorry about those SC's. People suck sometimes
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Whenever I am asked for a donation either I donate or simply say "No thank you" or "I've already donated". There's no need to be nasty to people who are trying to do their jobs.
      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Exactly. I just say a simple "no thanks, not today" if I'm not interested in donating to XYZ.

Some of the SCs who were the worst about it were buying >$100 worth of groceries and sipping a Starbucks <_<

Comment

I usually feel more comfortable selling these than any of the other donation things throughout the year (like paper turkeys). While the coupons have gotten worse throughout the years, it's still usually pretty good.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            Exactly. I just say a simple "no thanks, not today" if I'm not interested in donating to XYZ.

Some of the SCs who were the worst about it were buying >$100 worth of groceries and sipping a Starbucks <_<
            Not to defend crappy behavior, but the price and the starbucks should have nothing to do with anything.

Some people do their month's grocery shopping in one shot [military families tend to do it on the first paycheck of the month] and many people I know that do not have lots of money will budget in a small treat. Rationale behind that is that even a tiny treat will make you feel less restricted by a tight budget. My treat when I was making $550 a month was paying for the gas to go play D&D at a game store on saturdays. A huge maybe a gallon a month, back in the mid 80s. I could truly see a starbucks coffee while shopping as a heavy budget restricted person's treat.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I should have phrased it better. Around here, some of my customers who have SB cups and do massive amounts of shopping in one go make it clear that they have far more money than "us" (in general, this town has a reputation of being full of rich snobs--some areas yes, but some no). So I see both types, the cash-flashing SCs were more prevalent on the day in question.

Comment

Working...
              X