X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Quit!

I handed in my notice last sunday, I am 90% sure today is my last shift

YAY back out of retail and this time for good (unless dire circumstances change and I have to)

It feels sooooooooo good!

Ironically the same manager who cut my hours down to 1 single shift a week got super upset that I was leaving, she has been calling me all week offering me more hours, trying to get me to cover shifts for people who are sick/ can't work the shifts she took away from me and gave to them.

She can't understand why I won't go in to cover all these shifts last minute

Ohhh it feels so freaking good.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Good for you!!!
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Fantastic!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        Ironically the same manager who cut my hours down to 1 single shift a week got super upset that I was leaving, she has been calling me all week offering me more hours, trying to get me to cover shifts for people who are sick/ can't work the shifts she took away from me and gave to them.

"What a strange person - just because I treated her like crap, now she won't help me out!"
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Congrats, now time to relax and find a job less sucky :P
          "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

The cognitive dissonance is strong in that manager...
            The happyness is strong in Kiwi!

We'll miss the stories, though.
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
              Edit: <Tell her to> Insert this prickly pear and kegel, please.
              Last edited by dalesys; 04-23-2012, 03:47 AM.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hooray! Freedom is awesome!
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Aw, the proverbial downfall of treating good employees like crap.....they hand in their notices and quit! And, no matter how much you beg and plead or play nice, they know better and know how it'll go and say no!

Show of hands, who feels bad for idiot manager? No one? No one? I thought so.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Im home!

I got 4 hugs, the manager was a total bitcvh to me. That's okay next time she sees me I will be a customer and won't that be awkward for HER
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                      Im home!

I got 4 hugs, the manager was a total bitcvh to me. That's okay next time she sees me I will be a customer and won't that be awkward for HER
                      And won't it be fun for YOU - because as we all know, the customer is always right!
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

I know, right? They treat you like garbage and screw you over on hours, then are absolutely shocked -- shocked I tell you! -- that you won't stay and bail them out. I've seen it time and time again, and that mindset just baffles me. It proves Einstein's saying on insanity, I guess.

Do you have another job lined up? Best of luck to you!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X