Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Sound Of Silence" covered by Disturbed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Sound Of Silence" covered by Disturbed!

As some of you may already know, on Friday, August 21st, Disturbed released their new album Immortalized, marking their return from their self-imposed hiatus of the last few years.

And the biggest surprise on the album is Disturbed's hauntingly beautiful cover of Simon & Garfunkel's 50-year old song "The Sound Of Silence".

Words alone can't describe it. So go. Listen. And enjoy.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Holy crap o_O Very, very nice.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Holy crap o_O Very, very nice.
      "'Fools', said I, 'you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows.'"

Powerful stuff. Hits me right in the feels. HOW have I never listened to the original before?

I mean, just about everyone's heard the opening line "Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again." But I'd never listened to the whole song before.
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

I saw the title and before I saw who posted it, I KNEW it was you. Anyway, I have that song because I have Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.--on cassette. So I sometimes listen on youtube. Here's a really haunting S&G song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JCFAci21wE
        Last edited by Food Lady; 08-23-2015, 09:43 PM.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I saw the title and before I saw who posted it, I KNEW it was you. Anyway, I have that song because I have Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.--on cassette. So I sometimes listen on youtube. Here's a really haunting S&G song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JCFAci21wE
          HOLY SH*T

How have I never heard that song before?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well, if you want to go down that road, just a few years later, Black Sabbath released this song on their 2nd album Paranoid...

"Electric Funeral"
            --StanFlouride

Comment

Given their music, I thought Disturbed would have been more likely to cover The Sound of Madness. David did a good job with it.
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                HOLY SH*T

How have I never heard that song before?
                you never saw the graduate?

this is a good cover though

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  you never saw the graduate?

this is a good cover though
                  She means The Sun Is Burning.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I LOVE this song and this cover is amazing.

It's the kind of famous song that if you cover it your rendition will either be horrible or amazing, and thankfully it was the latter.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I have that song because I have Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.--on cassette.
                      I have the Simon & Garfunkel five CD box set, and I really like Wednesday Morning 3 AM. Have always loved S & G.

The Disturbed cover was quite intense and well done. The singer is amazing. I'm not a big metal fan normally, but I liked this.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Allow me to contribute this cover: https://youtu.be/acrUyp0pdoA Considering the band, its incredibly subdued, and it shows the band's talent that might otherwise be disregarded considering their usual fair. Another fun band for covers is the Zac Browne band, a country band that likes to have some fun on stage, just do a YouTube search for them.
                        Seph
                        Taur10
                        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X