X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP to a master of horror -- Wes Craven

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ro-dies-818806

Mr. Craven passed away today after a battle with brain cancer, at age 76.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Holy shit! I had no idea he was ill. Seriously,a huge loss for us horror fans.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Sad...Freddy and Ghostface remain two of the most iconic horror killers of all time.

Comment

I posted the following on G+ and Facebook:

"The other day I was absently singing some kiddie nonsense to the baby.

"One, two, buckle my shoe...three, four, shut the door...five, six, grab your crucifix...seven, eight, better stay up late...nine, ten, never sleep a- oh, damn it."

But this is the kind of thing that happens when you're a Wes Craven fan.

And today we say good-bye to one of my favorite horror guys, who once read an article about the unexplained deaths of two sisters and from it created one of the most terrifying concepts in horror cinema.

Farewell, Wes Craven. "
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
        X