This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this car so much

but I can't drive a stick: https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/5170462926.html Yeah, that's the reason I can't have it.

Also, notice the trunk is actually a trunk!

...and I'm not even into cars.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Nice!

One of my neighbors is selling a 1966 mustang in horrid shape. I still cry a little every time I pass it. It's the perfect project car for me, but I don't have the money, time or space for it. We already have to park our cars in the driveway because the garage is taken up by the 1962 Austin Healy, the 1964 Buick lasabre, and 1958 Harley (that all need work if some sort to get running again).
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

When I was a teenager looking for my "first car", a guy who lived down the street from my grandmother had a red 1967 Mustang, with a V6 and a new transmission.

He only wanted $1,950 for it...

I would have loved that car.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        1967 Mustang, with a V6
        Are you sure about the engine? IIRC, V6 engines didn't really get a foothold until FWD with transverse-mount engines moved up the line from the economy end (which had 4 cylinders). This was because inline sixes were cheaper and easier to make, and fit just fine in "front to back" mountings found on rear-drive vehicles, but were too long to fit in a transverse mounting. This is what killed of Mopar's famous "slant 6", which was otherwise bulletproof.

My suspicion is that the Mustang in question had an inline 6, but you're young enough that you haven't been exposed to that configuration. It's still very common (in fact, the only configuration currently offered) in class 8 trucks.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Are you sure about the engine? IIRC, V6 engines didn't really get a foothold until FWD with transverse-mount engines moved up the line from the economy end (which had 4 cylinders). This was because inline sixes were cheaper and easier to make, and fit just fine in "front to back" mountings found on rear-drive vehicles, but were too long to fit in a transverse mounting. This is what killed of Mopar's famous "slant 6", which was otherwise bulletproof.

My suspicion is that the Mustang in question had an inline 6, but you're young enough that you haven't been exposed to that configuration. It's still very common (in fact, the only configuration currently offered) in class 8 trucks.
          I don't recall specifically. It may have been an Inline 6. Of course, he could have put a completely different engine in it completely...I don't know if it had the original engine, he may have had that replaced as well.

Though it probably would have been a steal at $2,000. Though I would have had to upgrade the radio (probably) because it likely only came with AM.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Here's an old Buick Century I spotted while on the local Garden Walk back in July. I think my father had one similar to it, or possibly a few years older.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Buick Century.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	2030588
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Saw a blue Edsel on my way home from work. Sounded like it had a pretty sweet engine in it.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X