This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least SOME of you get it

If you've ever worked grocery, you're familiar with the fact that customers will abandon product anywhere in the store if they decide against buying it. Doesn't matter if it's a temperature-appropriate zone or not. They'll throw a salmon filet on a shelf next to baked beans, or toss a head of lettuce into a freezer door. At the Store we call it "plunder", because walking the aisles in search of it is almost like a treasure hunt.

Today at the Store I was working the dry grocery shift, which essentially means it's my job to pull product from endcaps and other displays to refill their homes on the aisles. I was refilling cans of Store-brand tuna when a Little Old Lady got my attention and this exchange happened:

LOL: Excuse me, sir?
    Me: Yes, can I help you?
    LOL: Looks like someone really didn't want these steaks. (gestures to a package of steaks that has been abandoned on the shelf right by her)
    Me: (chuckle) Happens every day, ma'am. If you could toss those in my cart, I'll take care of them.
    LOL: No problem. My husband worked in this business for years. I know all about inconsiderate customers. But I'm a customer, so I can say that. You just have to think it.
    Me: Thank you, ma'am.

Gotta love people who are too lazy to put stuff back where they got it. I guess they can't spare the time; they're far too busy negotiating a Middle East peace deal or something.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
    X