This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! A job done right.

Moving is hardly rocket science. Decide what you want to go. Put a label on those items so the movers know that it is an item that you want moved. (Put a name or number on that label so that the mover will also know where you want it at the destination). Have a chosen spot for these items at the new destination, preferably a drawn out floorplan. And that's it. Seriously, this is all it takes to have a successful, well organized move.

And that is what I got. I walk in and much to my surprise, I am seeing labels on a large amount of items. I greet the client and I'm told that they have in fact labelled all items that they want to go, anything that is not labelled is to stay behind. I let them know how perfect this is, that it is exactly what we want and my team gets to work. There is no stopping to ask if an item is going, we just work and the area clears out in no time. The client was literally amazed at how fast everything got out.

We get to the destination site, and they know where everything goes. They have even measured everything out so they know it will fit. They drew out floorplans, and the items fit into their planned spaces. The only nitpicky detail here was that they didn't have a pre-determined layout for their cabinets; but even with this, they said they didn't care. I insisted here and made sure that they were properly laid out by colour and size, and they thanked me for that attention to detail.

All said and done, the job was done in 5 hours and everybody was happy. I plan on pointing this out to my MiM with the hopes that this will show them the value of move co-ordinator services. I've pushed it on them before but it is viewed as a waste of money. Yeah, the smaller move that we did just a week before, that took over 8 hours and left everybody in a foul mood, was that saved money? Organization is an investment that pays dividends.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Quoth evilhomer View Post
    All said and done, the job was done in 5 hours and everybody was happy. I plan on pointing this out to my MiM with the hopes that this will show them the value of move co-ordinator services. I've pushed it on them before but it is viewed as a waste of money. Yeah, the smaller move that we did just a week before, that took over 8 hours and left everybody in a foul mood, was that saved money? Organization is an investment that pays dividends.
    Make an estimate of how many additional would have been required if this hadn't been done. The payroll savings and increase in profits might get their attention. Good luck...
    Last edited by EricKei; 02-16-2018, 01:16 AM. Reason: we just read it, thanks
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
    X