X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never hurts to ask...

Long and rambling background:

I've started buying fragrance components from a supplier that has kind of high prices, but a selection of really hard to find oils and absolutes and a couple of essential oils that I haven't seen anywhere else (one of which smells absolutely FABULOUS right out of the bottle- I can't wait to get a larger bottle so I can test it out in soap). So far their service and product has been stellar, and I'm even willing to shift some of my more mundane EO purchases to them (and pay their higher prices) because of it.

They have a free sample policy, one sample per $20 spent, up to six total samples free per order (you can also buy samples). You can get samples of almost every essential oil and absolute they stock (picture me rubbing my hands together gleefully). Combine that policy with free shipping on orders over $50, and it's easy to understand why I place multiple orders totaling $125-150 each. Heck, part of their product pricing might be reflective of the expectation that their customers will do just exactly this.

They do have a policy in place, stated on every page of the website and which you have to confirm you're aware of and agree to before you are able to actually place an order. That policy states that orders, once placed, cannot be changed, combined, or cancelled.

So I placed some orders today. Somewhere along the line I got mixed up and ordered the same item twice, once each on two different orders. Doh!

Then I had kind of a brainwave. The policy is clear, don't even try to go there, chalk it up to another reminder to double and triple check everything before finalizing... but I wondered if they'd be willing to give me a store credit for the difference in price between one bottle the next size up and the two smaller bottles that I accidentally ordered. So I asked. Explained my mistake, and asked politely if they would be willing to extend that credit (as a goodwill gesture was implied, I think, but not flatly stated).

Less than 10 minutes later, the reply comes back. Yes, they're happy to do that for me, one time. Awesome!

Never hurts to ask.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Politeness and an upfront willingness to hear 'no' can do wonders! Nice going!!

Comment

Working...
    X