Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love love love it when customers try to kill me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    Lucky guesses as they are all multiple choice. As most questions on the Illinois exam are common sense, we have the conclude good guesses or bribery.
    Any chance of banning this inferno waiting to happen?
    We haven't seen her since; she said that we were so rude, cuz we were trying to stop her killing everyone, so hopefully, she won't be back. If she is, and is as stupid, then it might be in everyone's best interests to ban her... from every petrol station in the UK.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
      I wish I could get people to understand that - and that the distant ground should be connected LAST. Every time I warn someone of this, I get the 'Well, I've never had a battery blow up on me YET..." excuse.
      And, according to a certain movie, don't stand between the two vehicles are the cables are connected.

Highlight for movie: Bad Santa.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

There was a time you only really needed 1 cable to jump a car.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          There was a time you only really needed 1 cable to jump a car.
          Yeah, and you clipped it on the negative post.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I pumped gas for a living for 8 or so years. We never stopped people from smoking in their cars while we pumped the gas. And when we would smoke we did it 5 to 10 feet away from the pumps.

We also had people jump start cars right next to the pumps and even on top of the tank openings.

Am I saying there isn't anything to worry about? Nope but it is a very small chance.

Comment

Yeah but back then there weren't as many bloody idiots or if there were they'd already Darwin'd themselves
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

^ This. Back in the old days, most idiots didn't survive long enough to replicate themselves; nowadays, thanks to health and safety, the idiot population survives and breeds yet more idiots. So these measures are necessary.

Even if if it is a small chance, do you really want to be that one in a hundred who sets it off? Like this guy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhAOillVA8
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Even if if it is a small chance, do you really want to be that one in a hundred who sets it off? Like this guy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhAOillVA8
                  There's a fire extinguisher right there! Idiot couldn't even try to fix his mistake, just fled. Go figure.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

If that idiot thought lighting a smoke at the gas pump was a good idea, chances are, he wouldn't notice the fire extinguisher.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      If that idiot thought lighting a smoke at the gas pump was a good idea, chances are, he wouldn't notice the fire extinguisher.
                      Even if he DID notice the fire extinguisher, he probably wouldn't know how to operate it. That knowledge kind of goes hand-in-hand with 'don't smoke at the gas pump'.

Comment

Back in the old days, most idiots didn't survive long enough to replicate themselves; nowadays, thanks to health and safety, the idiot population survives and breeds yet more idiots. So these measures are necessary.
                        Actually, there WERE a lot of idiots back in the old days. It's the very reason WHY we have so many safety laws and mandatory cautionary labeling now. The difference is, back then, it was considered shameful to be an idiot. Now, the idiots practically wallow their stupidity. Hell, in some states (cough FLORIDA cough) it's practically a contest to see who can be the bigger moron. (sorry, Florida. I know that you're not all that way, but you DO have some real winners in your neck of the woods!)

The reason there is a warning about open flames on gasoline cans is because somewhere, some idiot thought it would be a really good idea to check to see how much was in his gas can by striking a match for illumination in that dark little hole.

And we all know why McDonald's coffee cups are labeled 'CAUTION - CONTENTS HOT' now. RIGHT?!

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                          And we all know why McDonald's coffee cups are labeled 'CAUTION - CONTENTS HOT' now. RIGHT?!
                          I used to have the same thoughts about that lawsuit, but have actually changed my mind after learning more about it. If I spilled coffee on myself I would not expect to land in the hospital for 8 days. That's all I'm saying. But I do agree about the silly warning of "HOT."
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I facepalm every time I see the "warning, contains nuts" on bags of nuts. I bloody well hope they have nuts inside, or else I've just bought a bagful of salty air.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I facepalm every time I see the "warning, contains nuts" on bags of nuts. I bloody well hope they have nuts inside, or else I've just bought a bagful of salty air.
                              Something that obvious either means someone sued successfully for not having a warning about nuts on it, or the company has just become so litigation-shy that they're slapping Duh!warnings on everything in sight just to avoid problems.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                                Something that obvious either means someone sued successfully for not having a warning about nuts on it, or the company has just become so litigation-shy that they're slapping Duh!warnings on everything in sight just to avoid problems.
                                The latter, I assure you.

Comment

Working...
                                X