This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Note to Mods: We really need a flat expression staring emoticon for stories like these. Because I use that expression behind the bar A LOT.
    Not exactly an emoticon, but how's this look?

(No, I didn't make this, it's a rage face.)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      ... I'll stick to my Brinley Vanilla in homemade eggnog, thank you very much. I've actually been able to convert people who claimed to not like eggnog with this particularly magical concoction.
      That sounds awesome! If I ever get a chance to head waaaaaaaay out east and south around the holidays, I'll try to hit you up for some!
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Note to Mods: We really need a flat expression staring emoticon for stories like these. Because I use that expression behind the bar A LOT.
        How about this one? (Put it together based off of the smilies we already have on the site.)
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Dumb. James Dumb.

HIM: [orders a martini]
          ME: "Would you like that up or on the rocks?"
          HIM: "Cold."
          Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          I love it. What did you give him?
          A bagel with LOX on it?

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          My favorite rum so far was a Stroh butterscotch rum. (snip) And it was quite deadly when mixed into eggnog....
          Using a good rum for eggnog? That's a clear case of abusing alcohol.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ruining eggnog with rum? Whyyyyy?! Of course almost everything just tastes like rubbing alcohol to me (though I can tolerate a few dessert wines).
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Jester, I'm pretty sure you named more varieties of just rum than my local liquor store carries of all spirits period.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                It was so dangerous that it would have taken them 10 years to finish the bottle if they hadn't started abusing it like that... And did I mention that it was very tasty like that?

...Besides, the real liquor snobs would say that, being butterscotch-flavored, it was already so abused that nothing worse could be done to it...
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Dumb. James Dumb.

HIM: [orders a martini]
                  ME: "Would you like that up or on the rocks?"
                  HIM: "Cold."
                  So... blended?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                    Ruining eggnog with rum? Whyyyyy?! Of course almost everything just tastes like rubbing alcohol to me (though I can tolerate a few dessert wines).
                    I'm going to respectfully disagree with both of you. Every year at Christmastime, I make eggnog from scratch and add Brinley Gold Shipwreck Vanilla Rum to it. This is, in my opinion, the single greatest flavored rum in the planet. It is one of the only flavored rums I consider a good sipping rum. It is a rum that I have changed people's religions with.

And in the eggnog, it is simply magical. I have had people who did not like eggnog ask for move and/or ask for the recipe. I've added lesser rums to eggnog, and it turned out fine, but Brinley Vanilla in eggnog is amazing. So much so that, at some of the Christmas parties I've brought it to, the next year(s), guests have asked the hosts, "Is Jester bringing the eggnog?"

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                    Jester, I'm pretty sure you named more varieties of just rum than my local liquor store carries of all spirits period.
                    I doubt it. Even the most basic liquor store still has a lot of varieties going on. Still, thank you for the compliment. I'm nothing if not thorough. (And those were off the top of my head.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

May I recommend an Australian distiller? http://www.bundabergrum.com.au/

Sadly, I can't personally recommend particular variants of theirs, but they have rums for a wide variety of tastes and price points.

They're set among the southernmost of our sugar growing regions (ie, the most temperate/least tropical), and a major train line runs right through the tropical sugar growing region in Australia and (last I looked) has a siding into their distillery complex. So they have easy access to all the sugar varieties Australia grows.

Pronunciation: BUN-duh-berg, with the 'da' syllable shortened into little more than the consonant and just enough vowel to make it to the second b.

Alternate pronunciation: Bundy.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I think I found an emoticon.

I found it at www.freesmileys.org click on angry smiley and go to page two.
                        I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

'flat' expression smiley

Row 2, column 3.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                          X